Inspiration Sting Ray City Issue.. Need Help

I was about to book the stingray city tour in Grand Cayman when I relaized Inspiration passengers have to book a special tour during daylight savings time. They have a special 2 hour tour that starts at 830. Which is fine but you have to meet at 8 am. Is this even possible since the boat TENDERS at 8. Has anyone done this? I will post this in the ports section also.

When I've booked with a Grand Cayman tour company (Capt. Marvin's) during daylight savings time, the time stated for their tours on their site were G.C. time, not ship's time. So, 8:00 their time, would 9:00 ship's time during Daylight Savings Time. (if the Inspiration is leaving out of Florida, for example).

If you need to be at the tour place 8:00 ship's time and that's the time of your arrival, I'd say definately not to the question of would you be able to make your tour on time. Why not contact the tour place and explain the situation. Maybe they'll be adding/adjusting tour times for cruiseship passengers.

BTW, Stingray City is a lot of fun and booking on your own is a great way to do it since smaller groups of people so hope it works out for you.

I have been looking into this also. There is one tour company that does it their "way" , sorry cant mention tour companies here.... but they will do a tour that is just Rays and Rum point, for the Inspiration passengers. they just ask that you check your roll call and see if you there are 10 people wanting to go. If so, they will do a tour that will accomadate the Inspiration passengers.

Archived