Ventura- April 29th

readysteadygo

Hi,

This is our very first cruise and I have seen some really adverse reports about the Ventura, we are not too worried as we will judge for ourselves and some people will always find something to maon about, but if you have cruised on her before and found it good [ which I know many of you have cruised on her more than once], just reassure me!!

:confused:

I've seen bad reviews, which haven't made much sense....mainly about the size of the ship- which you know about when you book; lack of sun beds, or bed hogging- applies to all ships of this category, and I'm a cancer-aware person, so it could never apply to me; or things like they didn't enjoy the entertainment by the Headliners; cabin steward missed dusting in the corners, or waiting for a table in Freedom dining.

Yes, she's a vast ship, one of the Grand Class...but I haven't seen objections from Princess Grand Class ships about their size.

Yes, individuals may have problems with a sun bed, a steward, a wait for a meal.....but it's all relative, and these problems again occur on any ship.

If I'd met with major problems on my 1st Ventura cruise, I'd not have been watching for a last minute break on her last June.....and I certainly wouldn't have booked the 17 night cruise this May. As it is, we both jumped at the chance to do this itinerary, partly because of the ship, with all her facilities. She's beautiful, with reasonable prices on board, and a full programme of activities and entertainment.

Enjoy every minute on board this lovely ship, and ignore the moaners....we've found them on each of the 5 lines we've used, and it's usually something minor....;)

Jo.

PICT1441.jpg.d3b0c02e493da967f4d9a295e8e22679.jpg

We are going on Ventura for third time next week and we love the ship. I like the fact it is very relaxed, there are many different dining options - you don't have to get dressed up every night for dinner and the kids clubs are excellent. What I don't like is the bun fight at breakfast in the self service restaurant. Tried the restaurant but that was so slow. Next week I think we will be having breakfast in our cabin as cannot face the buffet! Entertainment can be a bit hit or miss but depends on what you like. My daughter loves the sailaway parties, they are ok but can be avoided if you don't like those kind of things. Looking forward to eating in East and the White Room and having a few spa treatments. Never had a problem finding a sunbed and there are plenty of quiet spaces around but not saying where as want them to be quiet next week!!!

Go with an open mind, I'm sure you will love it.

My daughter and I went on Ventura after she finished Uni. We had a wonderful time, everything was good. We met some moaners and just thought they did not know how to enjoy their holiday.

The entertainment team were excellent. The shows were west end standard, that surprised me. The entertainment manager was called something like Le Crox, he and his team made sailaway party's fun and he did a great lecture on the stars and the Universe. This was something my daughter wasn't interested in but said she enjoyed it so much.

We loved the afternoon cream teas. Food was lovely. We only ate in the silver service for dinner twice because we prefer to be more relaxed. We took a couple of leisurely breakfasts in the silver service restaurant, yes it does take longer but it is worth it for the special service you get, and the restaurant is very quiet and quite empty. Who wants to woof down breakfast every day, your on holiday have a bit of luxury.

We found lots of places to go that were quiet if you needed it, and lots of places that were lively.

I have been on three cruises since then and going on Independence of the seas 30th April. I think you will get the bug too.

Go and enjoy yourself, dont forget you are on holiday so take your time, try not to rush for dinner and shows. If the sunbeds are full in one area there will be others somewhere else. Read the daily ships news and itinerary it tells you all sorts so you can plan your day.

Stay away from the professional moaners, there are so many nice people to meet. Enjoy. Hope this helps put your mind at rest.

don't listen to the moaners,for such a large ship the amount of bad reports is small.what about the large number of passengers to the small proportion of people given thier views.

go with open mind and enjoy your cruise .icon7.gif

don't listen to the moaners,for such a large ship the amount of bad reports is small.what about the large number of passengers to the small proportion of people given thier views.

go with open mind and enjoy your cruise .icon7.gif

I like that, andy mac.

The first time we went on Ventura was with a party of 130 people from our local TA, who ran 3 coaches down to S'ton. On the way back, everyone was comparing notes...most of us had had a great time, but there were a few who didn't like the size of the ship, and wanted to get back to their usual smaller P&O ones. They were also the ones who could find faults that the rest of us hadn't noticed....my feelings, when listening was that they were disappointed that the ship wasn't Aurora, with much stricter dress codes, and the amount of family groups on board.

The family groups, on the other hand, had had such a brilliant time that they were planning their next trip. 2 little girls were almost in tears at leaving the ship; 2 grandparents were sad that they'd seen so little of the kids because they were busy in the clubs.

Go and enjoy this big ship, and take no notice of people who prefer other ships....any ship's better than a day in the office!!!:D

Jo.

Archived