Port Canaveral - what to do with 20 month old

gabbie83

we will be there from 12 noon - to 10pm. Do you think we can make Disney - magic Kingdom - or is it not worth it and we just stick it out on the beach. If we should stay on Cocoa Beach - do you suggest just taking a cab/shuttle to a public beach (if so where is a good spot?) or do you suggest booking a room at lets say Ron Job's Resort - i got a quote of $120 for a suite for one night.

What does everyone think?

we will be there from 12 noon - to 10pm. Do you think we can make Disney - magic Kingdom - or is it not worth it and we just stick it out on the beach. If we should stay on Cocoa Beach - do you suggest just taking a cab/shuttle to a public beach (if so where is a good spot?) or do you suggest booking a room at lets say Ron Job's Resort - i got a quote of $120 for a suite for one night.

Are you coming into Port Canaveral as a port call for a cruise? I'm not sure what your trying to find out. If you are just there for the day why would you book a room and then not stay the night? Give us a better idea of what your trip is, port of call or a one night stay before a cruise? The whole "we will be there from 12 noon to 10pm" is kind of confusing in reference to your questions.

I wouldn't get a room if you are going to be on the cruise ship. Head to the beach, kids LOVE the sand.

Your 20 month old will not know or car too much about Disney but that trip would wear out mom and dad.

Are you coming into Port Canaveral as a port call for a cruise? I'm not sure what your trying to find out. If you are just there for the day why would you book a room and then not stay the night? Give us a better idea of what your trip is, port of call or a one night stay before a cruise? The whole "we will be there from 12 noon to 10pm" is kind of confusing in reference to your questions.

Sorry I wasnt clear in my OP.

Yes we are coming into PC as a port of call - the reason I thought about booking a room on the beach is because I heard past cruisers do this at ports - book a hotel on the beach so you can have access to a beach/pools etc; instead of heading to the beaches where everyone else from the ship is heading.

Im not sure if this makes sense, or if people even do this.

Yes we are coming into PC as a port of call - the reason I thought about booking a room on the beach is because I heard past cruisers do this at ports - book a hotel on the beach so you can have access to a beach/pools etc; instead of heading to the beaches where everyone else from the ship is heading.

I don't think its a bad idea. You would have a little haven right on the ocean. Ask for a "Day rate"

Hello. I understand a little better now. You would need to check with some of the beach hotels and find out if they have a day rate only. You mentioned the Ron Jon Resort, it is a nice place but is not right on the beach. The beach is a short walk though. Going to disney would be quite an exhausting day, transport time to Disney would be about an hour and 15 minutes each way depending on traffic conditions and everyone says that you need at least 3 days to really get anything out of Disney. Just stay in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area and enjoy a stress free relaxing day on the beach! Enjoy. :D

I wouldn't try to do Disney, it's a long drive (about 45 min each way) with several toll routes. Disney is very busy in the afternoons and you'd spend long times waiting in line which your child likely won't enjoy. You could consider renting a car near the port (lots of companies there) and maybe go check out Kennedy Space Center. There are a few things for your LO to do there and adults like it too.

Archived