What's so bad about Central Park View (no balcony)?

For the first time ever, we didn't book an ocean view balcony. :eek:

I thought it would be nice change of pace (and a price break) to book the Central Park View-and at the time, thought it silly to pay for a balcony to overlook.....people. I imagined it being something like Embassy Suites, which we quite enjoy when accompanying my husband on business trips.

Yet (and you can search the forums yourself to see what I'm talking about) it appears no one has ever booked these rooms. Ever.

Have I made some monumental mistake in booking this room? Is there something wrong with a Central Park VIEW room that no one is telling me? :o

For the first time ever, we didn't book an ocean view balcony. :eek:

I thought it would be nice change of pace (and a price break) to book the Central Park View-and at the time, thought it silly to pay for a balcony to overlook.....people. I imagined it being something like Embassy Suites, which we quite enjoy when accompanying my husband on business trips.

Yet (and you can search the forums yourself to see what I'm talking about) it appears no one has ever booked these rooms. Ever.

Have I made some monumental mistake in booking this room? Is there something wrong with a Central Park VIEW room that no one is telling me? :o

I sure hope there's nothing wrong with these cabins. Our kids are in one in a few weeks (we're across the hall in a D1). We figured that it would be similar to a Promenade View, but with sunshine. :)

I had a Central Park on the maiden voyage of Oasis and I loved it. Was actually larger than a standard balcony with 197 sq feet under air. The window box with cushion for sitting was great. The window was huge and yes sunshine either morning or afternoon.

Its a nice big cabin is the bottom line!

Worldspan

128 cruises (#129 on Radiance April 21)

Whew! Thank you! I was getting worried! I know most are keen to take in the ocean from the balcony-but how do you know unless you never try something different, right?

And the worst cabin on a cruise is still better than any room just sitting at home! :D

I recall a full review on the internet somewhere out there about this type of room and it looked nice! Definitely beats sitting at home though I've read Allure is such a city of a ship that it can be difficult to get the "at sea" feeling unless you're in an oceanview. Since you are likening it to a land based Embassy Suites, I think that's a good comparison.

We had a Central Park View room on Oasis last Thanksgiving and really enjoyed it. Our window was just about the entrance to Chops and the Trellis Bar and we could sit in our window seat and watch the Rising Tide Bar come and go. We even took some of those window-cling decorations for Thanksgiving and put them on the window so it was easy to spot our cabin from Central Park.

Don't let the Ocean View people get you down! We've had promenades before and loved them and loved our Central Park view as well! You'll love it!

BTW, Allure was still our favorite cruise ever! I mean, how messed up is it that I'm kind of 'bummed' to be sailing Freedom in the Fall instead of Allure again!

Archived