Good Day in Martinique

cruiseapril

How did you find out about the new water taxi to the beach? On the ship, inside the terminal? And did you hear how the water taxi was...did it go to a nice beach area?

Windsailer, we found out about the water taxi just as we finished docking at Fort de France, apparently this was new since the Noordam last called FDF and the Cruise Director made the announcement. There were two good sized boats that went back and forth and the boarding was located just after you made a left had turn off the "T" dock and before you exit the dock itself....basically you cannot miss it. Unfortunately we did not learn exactly where it went nor did we meet anyone who went over to the beach. Perhaps it would be worth a question on the HAL site specifically to see if anyone can comment.

I just looked at the attached web site and this is the beach "Anse Mitan" where I believe the Water Taxi went...but cannot confirm but the commentary suggests this is it.

http://www.zananas-martinique.com/en-martinique-beaches/anse-mitan.htm

Edited by gaelan

• 1 year later...
Last week, we spent part of a day in Martinique, from the HAL Noordam. The tour we took- St. Pierre and Balata Gardens- was the best tour we took on this cruise. As many know first-hand, Martinique is a beautiful, lush island. The part we toured, from Fort-de-France to St. Pierre, then through a Rain Forest to Balata Gardens and then to Balata Church- was clean and well cared for. People were friendly- especially our guide-Yves.

We didn't know what to expect and were interested to spend time learning about Mt. Pelee, the volcanic eruption, and later-about the flora of the Caribbean at Balata.

Another highlight of the day was cruising from the port, past Mt. Pelee where one could see the path of the volcanic eruption all the way to the sea.

Martinique would be a good place for adults to vacation- especially adults who know some French. We have been to St. Martin, now to Martinique, and look forward to visiting other French islands in the future.

Hello April,

We are going on HAL MS Noordam on Nov 25th and I need LOTS of help with trips as the reviews on HAL have put me off most of them!

We are 2 fairly active retired teachers from UK. Have lived in Africa a lot. Interested in wildlife, nature, culture walking in rainforests and views, not shops. What excursions did you do on this trip and which did you enjoy the most?

Any help you can give, MUCH appreciated. Carole

• 3 weeks later...
Hello April,

We are going on HAL MS Noordam on Nov 25th and I need LOTS of help with trips as the reviews on HAL have put me off most of them!

We are 2 fairly active retired teachers from UK. Have lived in Africa a lot. Interested in wildlife, nature, culture walking in rainforests and views, not shops. What excursions did you do on this trip and which did you enjoy the most?

Any help you can give, MUCH appreciated. Carole

The post on this site are 2 yrs old. any one have new info

• 2 months later...

We did this trip in November and yes most things are closed on Sunday. We booked the Artist trip through HAL and enjoyed seeing where people live. There was no pressure to buy from the artists and I bought a very nice photo of a painting for $15 at the first artist. I might have bought at the final one but his prices were significantly higher than the others although I really liked them. My advice would be to book a trip via HAL in Martinique.