Carnival Legend - Just Back

ventigirl

What did you do in Roatan? Leaving in a little over a week and we have booked Victor Bodden. Just deciding what activites to add to the tour and where to spend our time.

It was just a beautiful, relaxing beach day for us.....although we didn't spend much time on the actual beach. We took the chair lift to the beach. I had though it was going to be $5 per person, but it is actually $14 per person....a little high, but we decided to do it anyways. It wasn't necessary as the walk isn't bad.....but it was a nice view. We grabbed a beach chair to use as a home base and walked to the end of the pier, watched people snorkle, etc. We also payed to paddle boat and there are two places to stop....one has sea turtles and the other has sharks. We then walked back up to the port area, did some shopping and stopped for a yummy frozen drink and nachos at Fat Tuesdays.

Nothing too exciting, really. It is just a really relaxing day, with clean facilities and a nice port area. It was far too short of a day for us....had to be back on board at 2:30.

Thank you for taking the time to do your review. I am also curious about your time in Roatan, we are deciding between Victor Bodden and Rony tours. If you did something else on your own, I'd like to hear your experiences. Also, how was the snorkeling in Grand Cayman? We are looking into going on an independent snorkel excursion, and would love to hear your input on yours. Again, Thank You for a great review!

I forgot to ask if you used your own snorkel equipment, or used the company's. Trying to decide whether to buy some or just use theirs. Thanks!

In Grand Cayman we walked to Eden Rock to snorkel....as it is much less expensive than booking an excursion and we have a few people who don't do well on small boats in choppy waters. Since we can't predict what the waves will be like, we opted to just snorkel on our own from shore. It was around $15.00 per person and included equipment. You could snorkel for as long as you like and there was an outdoor shower, very small sand beach area, picnic tables, etc. Lockers were provided at no cost. There were several boats anchored in that same area for snorkeling and diving. We saw some really cool fish and the coral wasn't as vivid as I would have liked, but it was in abundance and it was fun to see the different formations under water. We were very pleased with the experience.

Great and honest review! I'd like to hear about what you did on roatan also! We cruise on Legend this Sunday, and have booked Victor Bodden for the day...would love to know what you liked there, what to avoid. Thanks!

We didn't book a tour or even go "off site".....just loved the port area, beach, etc. We rented a paddle boat and could spend as much time as we wanted exploring a back bay area.....saw sea turtles, sharks, etc. We also walked out to the end of the pier and watched snorkelers, etc. The beach was crowded and busy, but we didn't spend much time just hanging out on the chairs or even in the water.

We then took the chairlift back to the port area, had a great frozen adult beverage and chips and cheese at Fat Tuesdays and then wandered through the shops before heading back to the ship. The downside with this port is you have to be back on the ship at 2:30. It didn't leave much time in our opinion to do much exploring beyond the port and private beach.

thanks for your review. We are going may 1st. What did you do in Roatan. I have heard Tayabana was good snorkling but I also want to see west bay. I personnally think that with the pricing of the cruises (best deal out there) they are reducing the quality of the food. We usually do a couple cruises a year and have noticed the change in quality and the cost of crusing doing down. I think we will definately try the steak house a night or two. thanks again and welcome home!

I think you are right about reducing costs on the food. So disappointing. We were planning on doing the Chefs Table and were excited about that.....it was cancelled due to lack of interest. :( We then thought about doing the steakhouse, but decided not to.

We are booked on the Magic TA, but we have already decided that we'll probably cruise Princess next time, as we have noticed a steady decline in the quality of Carnival's offering.

Many cruisers have a fantastic time with Carnival and we always enjoy our cruises, as we always cruise with a positive attitude, but on recent cruises we have become a little disenchanted with some of the food and entertainment, but maybe Mr Heald and his crew on the Magic, will persuade us to give Carnival another shot.

Thanks for the candid review.

I hope you enjoy your tip on the Magic. I think we will probably switch to Princess also. We were really disappointed and a co-worker cruised Princess just a week earlier than us and had a fabulous experience.

Yikes I leave in 8 days on the Legend and these food comments have me concerned. I don't visit the buffet (on land or at sea) but enjoyed the fruit plates in the dining room on our last cruise. I would consider myself a foodie and to get cold food would be very disappointing. Oh well certainly too late to change plans now!!

HI

have not been on carnival in a few years

just got back from NCL cruise and had fresh fruit loved the pineapple

going 5-1-2011 on cruise would like to know there are alot of fresh veg and

fruit

i am going with my mom so i will have fun and if food is not good

hopr to lose a few pounds

are there ref in all rooms

dana

Archived