Carnival Pride April 3 Review w/Pictures

spideyfam

My main reason for coming to the AK was to see Finding Nemo - The Musical. I like that movie and it's my 2 year old grand daughter's favorite movie of all time. I found the musical to be very well done. It lasted I think about 40 minutes. I tried to take pictures of the inside of the theater but they would not come out. With or without a flash. I did get a picture of the "gift shop". It was just a Kiosk outside the exit.

300.jpg

Ahhhh...a double order of bacon with two side orders of bacon, yum.

Don't read that bacon police thread. Some people were saying bad stuff about people who take more that 2 slices. To bad for them.

Also, if you look at that picture close, you will see I have a slice of ham under the bacon.

Glad you enjoyed the pic.

After Nemo get out we have about 15 minutes to get on EE. This is a great coaster. It is my favorite ride at the AK. With the FastPass we were able to pass the the stand-by line which at 11:30 was 50 minutes wait. Once we entered the FP line we were on the ride probably 3 minutes later. It was crowded so I did not get any picture of the ride area. Here is one from a distance.

299.jpg

After we left the exit to EE we saw some one with Fried Rice in a Chinese take-out container. We found the stand next to the Yak and Yeti restaurant. We got in line. 30 minutes later we are ordering. Within a couple of minutes we got our food. We ordered Orange Chicken with Rice and Beef and Broccoli with Rice. My wife and I were going to share those. We ordered one large Lemonade to share. It came $27.00 and some change.

We walked around the corner to the tables and looked for a place to eat. All of the tables were full. Some people were eating, some were done, some were holding tables for people that were in line ordering. We walked around for 10 minutes looking for a place to eat. There was a fountain in the center of the eating area. A couple got up and we grabbed those "seats".

276-1.jpg

It says Comfortable Courtyard Seating. Yes, if there wasn't 1,346,893 people in the park!

Don't read that bacon police thread. Some people were saying bad stuff about people who take more that 2 slices. To bad for them.

Also, if you look at that picture close, you will see I have a slice of ham under the bacon.

Glad you enjoyed the pic.

That thread makes me laugh. If it's not alcohol smuggling, or tips it's something else. Now we complain about people taking more then 2 pieces of bacon. Whatever.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Keep the review coming. It's sounds like you had a great time. I love the pictures.

We decided after eating to go check on the status of the Safari again. This was the walk to get there.

Not too busy !!! I Wish !!

277-1.jpg

The safari was now a 90 minute wait. Holy Crap! At this point we knew we would NOT be going on this.

We wanted to go see the Gorillas.

279-1.jpg

280-1.jpg[/img]

283-1.jpg

In all the times we have been to the AK, we have never been down to Camp Mickey. We went down there to see what it was all about. It's just a meet and greet area for all of the character. Before the long walk back, I had to get rid of some lemonade ;). I loved the bathroom. Maine is full of white birch trees. This was decorated with them. Calm down, NOBODY WAS IN THE BATHROOM WHEN I TOOK THIS PICTURE!!

305.jpg

It was now about 3:00. We had to be back to the TTC at 4:30 to get on the bus. We were not sure how long it was going to take the Disney buses to get there. First, we want a Mickey Bar.

301.jpg

We took our time walking to the exit. We took a few more pictures on our way out. We left the park at about 4:00. We got in line for the bus and one came about 10 minutes later. We arrived at the bus about 4:25 and we were on our way back to port about 4:45 when the bus was full.

We had early seating dinner so we wanted to get there fast. We told our waiters we may be late. They said it would not be a problem if we came before 7pm. After that it may cause them to be late. (there is a 8:15 seating). Our tablemates were on the same bus. They went to Hollywood Studios.

We arrived at port about 5:50. But it took 10 minutes to get through security and back onto the ship. We ran to the room and took the fastest showers ever. We go dressed and got to the table at about 6:20. The waiters were happy to see us. No problems at all. The next post will be dinner, but I wanted to say a few things about this excursion first.

Was it worth $320? NO! We only went on 4 attractions plus the walk to the Gorillas.

Am I glad I did it? Yes. I love Disney World.

Will I ever go during spring break again? A big NO!

I do not want to turn people off from doing these excursions, but it is just too busy during spring break to enjoy yourselves. We asked the cast member selling ice cream if all parks were this busy and she said the Magic Kingdom was busier. Our tablemates only went on 2 rides and the two stunt shows at HS.

So $320 for 7 hours in the park. That is $46 an hour. $80 an attraction.

You have a GRAND daughter??? :eek:

Two!! 2 years old and two months old. I'll be 44 in July. Our daughter will be 22 in July. She's actually been married almost 3 years.

Both my kids are grown adults. Look at my sig. How else do you think I can afford 9 cruises in 4 years! No kids at home!!! LOL

Thanks for the Review

I'm getting excited

Leaving on Sunday on Carnival Pride for Bermuda (praying for warm weather)

Thanks again

Tara

This ship is actually one of our favorites we have been on. We loved Kirk the cruise director. Jamie, the assistant CD, also his girlfriend, left the day we got off for her vacation. I wish you could have seen them together. Great vibes when they are together!

It was now about 3:00. We had to be back to the TTC at 4:30 to get on the bus. We were not sure how long it was going to take the Disney buses to get there. First, we want a Mickey Bar.

301.jpg

We took our time walking to the exit. We took a few more pictures on our way out. We left the park at about 4:00. We got in line for the bus and one came about 10 minutes later. We arrived at the bus about 4:25 and we were on our way back to port about 4:45 when the bus was full.

We had early seating dinner so we wanted to get there fast. We told our waiters we may be late. They said it would not be a problem if we came before 7pm. After that it may cause them to be late. (there is a 8:15 seating). Our tablemates were on the same bus. They went to Hollywood Studios.

We arrived at port about 5:50. But it took 10 minutes to get through security and back onto the ship. We ran to the room and took the fastest showers ever. We go dressed and got to the table at about 6:20. The waiters were happy to see us. No problems at all. The next post will be dinner, but I wanted to say a few things about this excursion first.

Was it worth $320? NO! We only went on 4 attractions plus the walk to the Gorillas.

Am I glad I did it? Yes. I love Disney World.

Will I ever go during spring break again? A big NO!

I do not want to turn people off from doing these excursions, but it is just too busy during spring break to enjoy yourselves. We asked the cast member selling ice cream if all parks were this busy and she said the Magic Kingdom was busier. Our tablemates only went on 2 rides and the two stunt shows at HS.

So $320 for 7 hours in the park. That is $46 an hour. $80 an attraction.

I actually contemplated going to Magic Kingdom on the Carnival excursion as my four year old wants to go see Mickey Mouse. I couldn't justify the cost and now I am glad I didn't since it seems like it would have been big waste of money as crowded as it was. She got to hold a small alligator while we were in Port Canaveral which made her forget all about the mouse....LOL

Wow - what a great and humorous review. I'm not even going on the Pride but I am enjoying it! Thank you for entertaining me while I'm bored. I'm looking forward to the rest. You got me hooked!

Wow - what a great and humorous review. I'm not even going on the Pride but I am enjoying it! Thank you for entertaining me while I'm bored. I'm looking forward to the rest. You got me hooked!

Glad you like it! Thank you for reading it!

Really enjoying your review spideyfam. No cruise on the horizon for me, but reading your review and looking at the pictures makes me feel like I am on one. Thanks!

Glad you like it. I love reading reviews myself. Hopefully I can finish it in a couple days!

It was music and dancing from around the world. England, China, Japan, and some others I can't remember. It ended with the US. I was glad because I knew that was the finale.

First, I can not sing. I respect any one who can. But...the female singer....I could tell she could sing, but she kept accented everything with the throaty, deep words. (wish I could explain what I mean) I like in songs if it is once or twice. It got old really fast. Every two minute song, she did it what seemed like 10 times.

This is my opinion, other may have liked it. No one in our group of 4 like it. She did the same thing in the other show later in the week. More on that later.

I was on this same cruise and I also didnt care for the female singer. I thought the male was really good but she was really getting on my nerves. I did like the show but I didnt like the Africa scene and the US scene. I thought I was alone and my mother felt the same way. She also thought the decorations on the ship was cheesy. But other than that for my first cruise I enjoyed it. I cant wait to read the rest of your review.

First nights dinner. I had shrimp cocktail everynight throughout the cruise.

214.jpg

215.jpg

I had the ribs.

216.jpg

My wife had the Flat Iron Steak.

217.jpg

My favorite dessert the whole cruise. Creme Brulee. I had TWO!

We leave in two days.....can't wait for those ribs on the first night......

If you want to do a Disneyworld excursion, do it in Sept. We've been in Sept. the last 3 years and most of the time you walk on everything. Animal Kingdom is especially quiet that time of year. We walked on Expedition Everest like 5 times in a row. By then, I had a headache and told the kids we had to do something else. lol. I LOVE Finding Nemo the musical. We bought the CD. My kids will go around singing, "Just Keep Swimming" all the time. Don't write off Disneyworld excursions... Just do them at the right time of year. Had you gone off-peak (and rented a car to do it on your own) you would have definitely gotten your money's worth.

Awesome review! I thought it was/is so sweet that under the picture of your wife the one of her sitting in the window your caption said my best friend and wife!:)

I LOVE WDW and all the parks, I think Animal Kingdom is so pretty.

Looking forward to more, thank you for taking the time to write your review.

If you want to do a Disneyworld excursion, do it in Sept. We've been in Sept. the last 3 years and most of the time you walk on everything. Animal Kingdom is especially quiet that time of year. We walked on Expedition Everest like 5 times in a row. By then, I had a headache and told the kids we had to do something else. lol. I LOVE Finding Nemo the musical. We bought the CD. My kids will go around singing, "Just Keep Swimming" all the time. Don't write off Disneyworld excursions... Just do them at the right time of year. Had you gone off-peak (and rented a car to do it on your own) you would have definitely gotten your money's worth.

We have done a full week at DW once in september and a full week at Universal in september. We had no lines either. I knew this would be busy but not super busy.

We did look into renting a car. For that day, April 6, the car would have saved us about $20 a person. With the car, tolls, parking, and tickets, it just didn't seem worth it. We were in port from 7 am to 7pm (had to be on the ship at 6:30) was what I believe is a short time. We would have had to rent it and then return it. So the times in the park would have been less.

It was also a piece of mind. If I had a flat, engine problems, etc., we may have missed the boat. We got on the ship 30 minutes before the required time as it was. We would have had to leave the park even earlier than the 4pm time we did.

Archived