Carnival Pride April 3 Review w/Pictures

spideyfam

If you want to do a Disneyworld excursion, do it in Sept. We've been in Sept. the last 3 years and most of the time you walk on everything. Animal Kingdom is especially quiet that time of year. We walked on Expedition Everest like 5 times in a row. By then, I had a headache and told the kids we had to do something else. lol. I LOVE Finding Nemo the musical. We bought the CD. My kids will go around singing, "Just Keep Swimming" all the time. Don't write off Disneyworld excursions... Just do them at the right time of year. Had you gone off-peak (and rented a car to do it on your own) you would have definitely gotten your money's worth.

We did Universal Studios in December and actually finished both IOA and USF with plenty of time to spare. We used the Carnival excursion. That included a leisurely lunch at Bubba Gumps. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I wouldn't go near WDW or USF for a day trip during spring break or the summer months though, LOL!

It is being worked on as I type this. My I.T. department (my wife) is on top of this. I exceded my allowed usage for the number of hits and pictures for my Photobucket account. Stay tuned!!

Glad IT aka Mrs Spideyfam is on the job!

I see you've sailed a lot in September. Our Pride cruise is Sept 25. I'm a bit concerned about hurricanes. Wha'ts been your experience? Missed any ports?

I see you've sailed a lot in September. Our Pride cruise is Sept 25. I'm a bit concerned about hurricanes. Wha'ts been your experience? Missed any ports?

We have never seen bad weather in september. With the number of hurricanes that have actually hit US soil the past couple of years, odds are very slim it will bother embarkation. We have not missed a port yet!! But you never can tell.

December is hurricane season, too. We sailed then! Perfect weather except a little chilly in Miami.

I screwed up! I forgot all about going to a show on tuesday night!

We went and saw The Physical Comedy of Max Winfrey. It took place in Taj Mahol. He was a comedian juggler. He was very funny. I enjoyed it quite a bit. He even had audience participation. Several people had to help him do his act.

If he is on any ship you sail on. Make sure you go.

One thing about Carnival is, thier consistency. I mean looking at food pics from this ship now, and pics from another ship last year, or two years ago, it looks the same, delicious.

Kinda like dominos pizza, looks the same here, or ten states away, or how you remember it a year ago.

Good to keep high standards, and the consistency -

We ahve always sailed in Sept. Have no worries

great review. i leave tomorrow on my second trip on the pride, can't wait:D

Splintz, I don't see you on our roll call. If you would like to come to the M&G, it is going to be Monday morning at 10 am in the Piano Bar, assuming they don't change anything on us.

One thing about Carnival is, thier consistency. I mean looking at food pics from this ship now, and pics from another ship last year, or two years ago, it looks the same, delicious.

Kinda like dominos pizza, looks the same here, or ten states away, or how you remember it a year ago.

Good to keep high standards, and the consistency -

We did the galley tour and there are pictures of every item served. Every thing looks the same as it was served.

Tonight is the night I almost made my head waiter and assistant waiter almost cry. I did not mean to.

Let me explain.

Everybody on the ship (pretty sure) has taken a picture of the naked statue up in David's Restaurant. My tablemates, had taken a picture of it. They downloaded their pictures to the IPad they brought. They were showing me their pictures of their day at Hollywood Studios and a picture of the statue was one of the pictures that came up after I saw them.

Well, me being the man I am (a little dirty minded-but aren't we all), I made his groin area the size of the screen. I stood up and held it up in front of me (you can guess where). I showed it to my tablemates. Nobody in the MDR could see me do it except for my table-except....standing behind the wall on the other side of my table was my two waiters. They could not stop laughing. Their eyes were watering they were laughing so hard.

A few minutes later they brought the main meal and they were still chuckling. I asked if they had seen anybody ever do that and they said no. Am I the only one with a mind like this!?

I did have a picture taken of me with the IPad in front of me, but I am sure someone here may be offended. It is pretty funny though. I went back to my room and found this!

047.jpg

After we went to the room and change, we and our tablemates met and decided what we were going to do tonight. I must say this, if we hadn't of had this couple sharing a table with us, our trip would have been totally different. I am not going to say it would have been bad, just different. They made each of dinners enjoyable. What if we had another couple at our table we didn't like. It could have been a miserable hour and a half.

We decided to go to the Butterfly Lounge and see Superstar Live. We enjoyed that completely. Right after that ended we stayed and watched Karaoke Awsome (18 and up). It was entertaining as well. One kid sang Let It Be by the Beatles. Very good. You could tell he was a musician by the way he looked and sang. Then his dad came up and sang the theme song to Gilligan's Island. Very funny and good at the same time.

It was now about 10:45. If we had been alone we probably would have been in bed by now. I will say this again, I was glad we met this couple. We decided to go to the Rockin' Under The Star's Deck Party. We found a table near the stage on the lido (not that it would matter because once it started we could not see a thing). We had a good time none the less. We watched people line dance. My wife and our lady tablemate went up and did the Electric Slide.

At 11:45 we were hungry again. No, not really. But the midnight buffet was ready. It was a mexican themed buffet. Tacos, enchiladas, etc. I had a couple taco and some rice. At about 12:30 (am!! OMG) we parted ways and went to bed.

Today is now thursday and vacation is half over!!! BOOOOOO!!!

We are stopping in Nassau today. We had nothing planned so were going to get off and find something to do. This was our 6th time there. We are very bored with this port and if we never do it again we will not complain one bit. I was supposed to be mostly sunny and in the 80s.

The Norwegian Jewel came in right after we did.

050.jpg

084.jpg

We went inside the building at the port that you have to go through to get to the street. We found a vendor selling an excursion for snorkeling for $40 a person. We we told it would leave at 11:15. We had about an hour to wait so we walked to the Straw Market. It has the same stuff in almost every booth but each one that we come to has the best prices.

So my advise to you is buy it from the last person you see. Because they will have the absolute lowest price. Just ask them and they will tell you!!

We went back to the booth inside the building and sat and waited for about 10 minutes.

055.jpg

We were then told to follow a cab driver out to his cab and he brought us over to Paradise Island to Cabbage Beach. We were told to find a man by the name of Nine.

057.jpg

058.jpg

060.jpg

We found the guy named nine. He was under a canopy on the beach near the water line. He told this guy to get the boat and bring it close to shore for us to be able to get in it easier. My wife asked if this was going to bring us to a bigger boat and he said no, that this was it.

We got in and we were on our way. We always bring our own snorkel gear. We don't like the thought of having to put something in our mouths that has been chewed on by other people.

074.jpg

From the picture above you can tell how small this boat really was. We were told it was going to be sunny today. Half way to the reef it started raining hard. I was sitting on the front of the boat with my back to where we were going. The rain felt like little needles sticking in my back. It really stung, and I was wearing a shirt.

We get to where we were going. He drops anchor and we are told to jump in. Jumping in does not bother me but my wife likes to go in gradually. She asks where the ladder is and she is "told there isn't one". The how do we get back on?? "You will have to climb back in."

So I jump in. It feels like bath water. It is the warmest water I have ever snorkeled in. Even warmer than when we did it in Panama. I was going to snorkel without a life vest. But after I go in I ask for one. Which is a good thing. You will find out soon why.

My wife puts hers on before she jumps in. She jumps and agrees it is warm.

NEXT UP----I STEAL FROM HULK HOGAN !!!!!

Archived