2009 NextCruise Certificate

dyjack

We booked our upcoming Explorer trip using a NextCruise purchased in 2009. We also have one more of these 2009 NextCruise certificates. I know the rules have changed but I'm wondering if we are grandfathered into the old rules and OBC amounts and if so, what exactly are the old rules and amounts?

I want to be sure the OBC we are showing is correct.

We booked our upcoming Explorer trip using a NextCruise purchased in 2009. We also have one more of these 2009 NextCruise certificates. I know the rules have changed but I'm wondering if we are grandfathered into the old rules and OBC amounts and if so, what exactly are the old rules and amounts?

I want to be sure the OBC we are showing is correct.

I don't have a copy of the old rules for NC certs, but I believe the OBC amounts were the same as shareholder benefits, which are:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

There may be a slight difference in the number of nights, but I think the amounts are correct.

Two other big differences:

You should be able to combine the C&A balcony discount and OBC.

You should be able to get price drops as OBC after final payment, up to 72 hours before the cruise.

So here's a question. I want to book an Allure cruise. We will definitely be booking a balcony. Does it make more sense to use the remaining NextCruise from '09 to get the Platinum balcony discount + OBC on Allure or should I book that on board during our May trip and use the NC for a trip we are thinking about that would be more than 9 nights - possibly a TA?

Sorry, long and a run-on sentence, I know. I just here people talking about how much better those older certificates are. Had I known then... lol

So here's a question. I want to book an Allure cruise. We will definitely be booking a balcony. Does it make more sense to use the remaining NextCruise from '09 to get the Platinum balcony discount + OBC on Allure or should I book that on board during our May trip and use the NC for a trip we are thinking about that would be more than 9 nights - possibly a TA?

Sorry, long and a run-on sentence, I know. I just here people talking about how much better those older certificates are. Had I known then... lol

How about if you book Allure now with the NC, so it freezes your price. Then book your 9 day/TA on your cruise in May. Or vice-versa. Basically, use the NC now on the cruise you think is most likely to go up in price. Usually, price rises are much more than the $50 difference on OBC you might see between the old and new NC versions.

Archived