Review: Carnival Legend, March 27 - April 3

dvd77

dvd77, Great report. Looking forward to more information and pictures. We are sailing the Legend on 9/11 with friends and maybe the SIL. It looks like a few fellow CC members are sailing before us. If you have any pictures of rooms 6236 or 6264 it would be appreciated. :D

dvd77 from you pictures the bathroom only has a shower is it tight quarters or is there some leg room for the wife? We got spoiled on our last cruise. We sailed on the Eurodam (HAL) and we had a shower/tub.

Keep th ereports and pictures coming. Thanks.

dvd77, Great report. Looking forward to more information and pictures. We are sailing the Legend on 9/11 with friends and maybe the SIL. It looks like a few fellow CC members are sailing before us. If you have any pictures of rooms 6236 or 6264 it would be appreciated. :D

dvd77 from you pictures the bathroom only has a shower is it tight quarters or is there some leg room for the wife? We got spoiled on our last cruise. We sailed on the Eurodam (HAL) and we had a shower/tub.

Keep th ereports and pictures coming. Thanks.

My pics really didn't do the bathroom justice. Yes, only a shower (I think the suites have a tub--perhaps someone else can provide that bit of info). But they are very clever about using space well. While it may not be as large as your shower at home, it's really not bad at all.

I'll qualify that with the fact that I'm not a big guy. If I were 6' plus, or if I ate cruise food regularly, then I might find it a bit on the crowded side. ;)

You have mentioned you used your own bottles of wine and poured them into glasses before going to the dining room. Did you order glasses from room service? Did you order a bunch at one time or just pick them up at a bar as you went along? Thanks - I'm still loving your review!!

For the non-tender ports, which side of the ship was facing land while you were docked? Port or starboard. Or in the case of a straight out dock, which side faced toward the dock and opposite another ship. Thanks.

For the non-tender ports, which side of the ship was facing land while you were docked? Port or starboard. Or in the case of a straight out dock, which side faced toward the dock and opposite another ship. Thanks.

derby27, Out of our 3 previous cruises I can only recall docking on the starboard side once.

You have mentioned you used your own bottles of wine and poured them into glasses before going to the dining room. Did you order glasses from room service? Did you order a bunch at one time or just pick them up at a bar as you went along? Thanks - I'm still loving your review!!

We had brought 4 plastic wine glasses with us, not knowing what to expect. But each room had 2 wine glasses in them. So we used those, and brought them back with us. When we did, though, we found that the cabin steward had already replaced them! So we were able to use fresh glasses each night and leave them at the table.

Let's see: Boarding in Tampa was from the starboard side. Roatan was the port side. Cozemel was the starboard side.

It was interesting: In Roatan, the ship backed in the whole way!

You can see the Carnival-supplied glasses here, as Andy painstakingly divides up the wine! :)

Cruise2011590.jpg

Let's see: Boarding in Tampa was from the starboard side. Roatan was the port side. Cozemel was the starboard side.

It was interesting: In Roatan, the ship backed in the whole way!

Oh--and clarifying a little more: In Cozumel, the pier was on the starboard side, but land was on the port side.

I was wondering what the renetal fee and guide fee for diving were at GC. We plan on diving in GC, CZM and BZE, so we are trying to gauge the cost if we rent or bring our own equipment. Except for BZE we plan to make shore dives as a small group.

At GC did you go anywhere near the ship anchorage?

Thanks,

Geoff

Oh--and clarifying a little more: In Cozumel, the pier was on the starboard side, but land was on the port side.

That is good to know! Although we love looking at the port - we also like to watch as people board the ship at the ports - there are always "runners" and "wobblers" rushing to make it in time and sometimes they make it a bit entertaining - and our cabin is on the starboard side of the Legend in a couple weeks!

By the way - can't wait for more of the review! It's awesome!!!

WE will be on the Legand May 8th also. Have not been on a Carnival ship in 5 years. Does the Legand have a washer and dryer on board? Ones that we can access? It would make it much easier when packing (especially gym stuff) for the week. The other ships I was on had them.

It was great.

Cant wait for the rest of the review! Am taking great notes.;)

That is good to know! Although we love looking at the port - we also like to watch as people board the ship at the ports - there are always "runners" and "wobblers" rushing to make it in time and sometimes they make it a bit entertaining - and our cabin is on the starboard side of the Legend in a couple weeks!

By the way - can't wait for more of the review! It's awesome!!!

In that case, stay tuned for the Cozumel review day, coming (hopefully) soon! :D

WE will be on the Legand May 8th also. Have not been on a Carnival ship in 5 years. Does the Legand have a washer and dryer on board? Ones that we can access? It would make it much easier when packing (especially gym stuff) for the week. The other ships I was on had them.

It was great.

Cant wait for the rest of the review! Am taking great notes.;)

They do have washer/dryer on board but it costs $3 to wash, $3 to dry, and $1 for laundry detergent. That's an expensive load of laundry! :eek:

I love the details - keep them coming! I'll be on the Legend next month so I am reading all the reviews :)

How did you find out about the free bottle of wine at the steakhouse - you say you were approached...? And what kind of wine did you get? I figure any bottle on board is going to be at least $25 so it might be worth it even if it's mediocre ;) and I'll pretty much drink anything!

mprince4: in regard to your question, Lisa had this to say:

"I saw the GF tray with someone dressed in a chef's jacket just as we boarded the ship in Tampa. It was in the lobby area to the left as we walked in. Since I knew about the free bottle of wine, we didn't just immediately sign up, but kept it iffy (saying we had to check with our other travelers). Looking back, I wish I'd asked if we could get two bottles since there were four of us and we'd like to have red & white wine. If we'd booked separate tables for two, we would have gotten the free wine deal at each table..."

Cruise2011001.jpg

Eagerly waiting to board... "Which cabin is ours?"

This was before we were informed that we were jeopardizing national security. ;)

Thanks for your review. I have really been enjoying this. (especially this picture). We got off the Legend on this day. It brings back great memories of our cruise the week before yours.

mprince4: in regard to your question, Lisa had this to say:

"I saw the GF tray with someone dressed in a chef's jacket just as we boarded the ship in Tampa. It was in the lobby area to the left as we walked in. Since I knew about the free bottle of wine, we didn't just immediately sign up, but kept it iffy (saying we had to check with our other travelers). Looking back, I wish I'd asked if we could get two bottles since there were four of us and we'd like to have red & white wine. If we'd booked separate tables for two, we would have gotten the free wine deal at each table..."

Thanks for elaborating!

I was wondering what the renetal fee and guide fee for diving were at GC. We plan on diving in GC, CZM and BZE, so we are trying to gauge the cost if we rent or bring our own equipment. Except for BZE we plan to make shore dives as a small group.

At GC did you go anywhere near the ship anchorage?

Thanks,

Geoff

We paid $100 US per person for 2 tank (2 dives) with guide. That included the gear rental and the guide.

We spent the entire time going through the swim throughs. They have some details on their web site at www.edenrockdive.com. We didn't go near the ship, which would have been a bit dangerous since the tenders were going back and forth by it. On the other hand, it sure would be cool to see those massive anchors in the water!

To reserve the dive, we were told we would have to *fax* credit card numbers and other personal details. We weren't comfortable doing that, so we took our chances, told them we were coming, and hoped for the best. It worked out just fine.

Archived