Price Drop after final payment...is this possible?

Below is a full listing in order from highest to lowest categories for Oasis/Allure ....the confusion may be that price DOES NOT mean higher or lower category....it's very common to find higher prices in lower categories and visa-versa.

RL Royal Loft Suite w/Balcony Suite/Deluxe

RS Royal Suite with Balcony Suite/Deluxe

PS Presidential Fam. Suite w/Bal Suite/Deluxe

SL Sky Loft Suite w/Balcony Suite/Deluxe

A1 Aquatheater Suite w/Balcony Suite/Deluxe

A2 Aquatheater Suite w/Balcony Suite/Deluxe

A3 AquaTheater Suite - Deck 10 Suite/Deluxe

CL Crown Loft Suite w/Balcony Suite/Deluxe

OS Owner's Suite with Balcony Suite/Deluxe

FS Royal Family Suite w/Balcony Suite/Deluxe

GS Grand Suite w/Balcony Suite/Deluxe

JS Junior Suite w/Balcony Suite/Deluxe

W Deluxe Guarantee Suite/Deluxe

FB Family Oceanvw Strm w/Balcony Balcony Stateroom

B1 Boardwalk View Strm w/Balcony Balcony Stateroom

B2 Boardwalk View Strm w/Balcony Balcony Stateroom

C1 Central Park View w/Balcony Balcony Stateroom

C2 Central Park View w/Balcony Balcony Stateroom

D1 Superior Ocean View Strm w/Bal Balcony Stateroom

D2 Superior Ocean View Strm w/Bal Balcony Stateroom

D3 Superior Ocean View Strm w/Bal Balcony Stateroom

D4 Superior Ocean View Strm w/Bal Balcony Stateroom

D5 Superior Ocean View Strm w/Bal Balcony Stateroom

D6 Superior Ocean View Strm w/Bal Balcony Stateroom

D7 Superior Ocean View Strm w/Bal Balcony Stateroom

D8 Superior Ocean View Strm w/Bal Balcony Stateroom

X Balcony Guarantee Balcony Stateroom

FO Family Ocean View Stateroom Outside

BV Boardwalk View Stateroom Outside

CV Central Park View Stateroom Outside

F Ocean View Stateroom Outside

H Ocean View Stateroom Outside

I Ocean View Stateroom Outside

Y Oceanview Guarantee Outside

FI Family Interior Stateroom Interior

PR Promenade Stateroom Interior

LLarge Interior Stateroom Interior

M Large Interior Stateroom Interior

N Large Interior Stateroom Interior

Q Interior Stateroom Interior

Z Interior Guarantee Interior

Not saying that this is incorrect, but every time I see an Oasis/Allure promo involving balconies, it seems to be limited to neighborhood balconies. Even now, the "Book an inside, get a balcony" promo is limited to neighborhood balconies. Seems odd that promos would be limited to higher category balconies.

Bob

There are very few, if any, BW balconies (and absolutely no CP balcony) that I would consider taking over an oceanview balcony. I think for me it would depend on exactly where the BW balcony is. If it is higher than deck 10 but lower than deck 15 I'd consider it but only if it were near the aft where I could enjoy a little bit of a view of the BW, Aquatheater, and ocean beyond the aft of the ship.

Agreed. I would even say the first few aft in 14 might not work as they have the "cross bridge" just above on deck 15. In this case the middle aft BW might actually get a better long range view of the wake...

Not saying that this is incorrect, but every time I see an Oasis/Allure promo involving balconies, it seems to be limited to neighborhood balconies. Even now, the "Book an inside, get a balcony" promo is limited to neighborhood balconies. Seems odd that promos would be limited to higher category balconies.

I think RCI *thought* that the neighborhood balconies would yield a premium for them but the first year's experience on OOS has taught them otherwise and forced them to lower the price of these cabins. Imagine...people go on cruises to see the ocean (thus creating more demand for OVBs) ... instead of the courtyard of a nice hotel... who would of thought....:D

Having said that, I think it would be cool to experience the BW or CP atmosphere of this class at least once (at least that's what I say now... I'll report back in a few weeks)

I think RCI *thought* that the neighborhood balconies would yield a premium for them but the first year's experience on OOS has taught them otherwise and forced them to lower the price of these cabins. Imagine...people go on cruises to see the ocean (thus creating more demand for OVBs) ... instead of the courtyard of a nice hotel... who would of thought....:D

Having said that, I think it would be cool to experience the BW or CP atmosphere of this class at least once (at least that's what I say now... I'll report back in a few weeks)

I agree. I have a B2 for our upcoming cruise but I would much prefer a oceanview cabin instead. I just didn't book it because it was much more expensive. IMO I would prefer a D1 cabin anytime over B1. :)

Makes sense. You would think that RCI would have learned from the lack of privacy experienced with Promenade insides on Voyager/Freedom. Maybe they thought the novelty of being outside would overcome the lack of privacy and ocean view?

Here is my feeling on the Boardwalk versus Oceanview. I have been on 5 cruises so far and all have had OV balconies. LOVED them. But Oasis is the only ship that has this sort of layout where you can be inside and outside at the same time. The privacy issue doesn't really concern me too much because I don't do anything I don't mind people seeing - if someone wants to stare at me drinking OJ in shorts and a t-shirt, then go for it haha. My mom, especially, loves peoplewatching so maybe we will have some entertaining neighbors across the boardwalk from us. Our specific cabin is 4 from the aft of the ship so I think we will have a pretty decent view of the Aquatheater plus the ocean beyond, which is not the same as complete oceanview, but at least I can see it. I expressed this concern to a friend who had a similar BW cabin on Allure and she said it was AMAZING and she'd book it ahead in a heartbeat.

As for the price, I'm okay paying what I'm paying for what I am getting because I personally think it is in a decent location - deck 8 (central park), a couple flights up or down for other things and aft for the aquatheater/ocean. Unless prices come way down in any of the categories, I probably will not be sailing on Oasis/Allure again because I can cruise cheaper with other ships. But Oasis is something to experience, so I'm willing to pay a premium to be a part of it - once. But if I could get that $100 refund back, I'd love it - not like the ship won't be getting the money back in pina coladas!

There's a post on here from fellow CC member Bonnie Voyager with pictures from her BW balcony, 10729, that show what kind of view to expect from an aft BW Balcony. The particular cabin she had was the farthest aft BW balcony on deck 10 and if yours is only 4 away from the aft then your views should be similar (depending on the deck you're assigned, of course).

I did a search and found the post but the pictures weren't showing up for me...hopefully you'll be able to see them here.... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27714813&postcount=4

For this location, I would switch from an OV balcony to the BW balcony and, like you said, you've had plenty of OV balconies before and the BW balcony is unique to the Oasis class. If you end up not liking it as much as the OV balconies you've had in the past, then at least you tried it and know not to book on again.

Archived