Received Executive seats with NCL Air

FB

Does this kind of thing happen often.

I just don't get it.

I checked in Online and printed my boarding passes for my Air Canada flight and received executive class seats.

FB

At a guess, it's more likely that Air Canada loves you and upgraded you because they needed to for some reason.

You may be able to see from your ticket receipt. After the airline designator (AC) and the flight number, there should be a single letter which denotes the booking class that your ticket was booked in. That will tell you whether NCL booked you in economy or in business class. If the letter is a business class booking class, then it would indeed have been NCL which did this for you. If the letter is an economy class booking class, then it was AC which did it.

With Jetsgo's demise, Air Canada is pretty much out of space in economy. They probably picked your name out of the hat to bump up to J class, so they can sell your economy seats to a stranded Jetsgo passenger.

Your right, I don't get it. I had the same thing happen to me back in September of 2005. In my case I booked with a online discount site and after all was said and done the tickets were in Business class? I did see where Air France who was the carrier dropped the price of business class for folks flying to Europe this summer. I still don't get it but we will enjoy the seats. Now I'll probably never get the wife to fly to Europe again in Economy class. Tim and Cathy

We did indeed have Executive seats along with all the benefits. I asked at the ticket counter and they said it was a full fare ticket NOT an upgrade. NCL must love us. We were booked in these seats before the Jetsgo thing.

FB

Archived