Call from the upsell fairy today

StayCool

I have a cabin on the Lido deck on the Destiny cruising May 21st and got a call today to "upgrade" to a suite. They offered me a suite on the Empress Deck for $210 per person, so $420 total. I really want to be on Lido so I turned them down. They tried to lure me in with a "really big balcony" and "VIP status". :rolleyes: I decided to save my $$ to spend ON my trip instead. ;) Even though I "will never get such a great deal again." lol I'm sure I will have a blast anyway!:D

I am so glad to hear someone say they love staying on the Lido deck. We are on the Freedom May 21, and for the first time we got a cabin on the Lido deck. I thought it would be great to be so close to everything but then I started to worry about noise. We are past the elevators so maybe the noise won't be too bad.

I am so glad to hear someone say they love staying on the Lido deck. We are on the Freedom May 21, and for the first time we got a cabin on the Lido deck. I thought it would be great to be so close to everything but then I started to worry about noise. We are past the elevators so maybe the noise won't be too bad.

I was worried the first time we stayed there too but it is our favorite location to date. Suprisingly it was also one of the quietest locations we have stayed in, there isn't too much foot traffic in that section :)

We always book on the Lido deck, love it!!! If your stateroom is not near the elevators, your room will be quiet if you don't have noisy neighbors.

My one and only (free) upgrade on a cruise occurred on the Freedom. We had booked a stateroom on Lido and a few days before our cruise, Carnival called our TA and asked if we would like an upgrade to a suite on the Empress deck. I really had to think about this because I love being on the Lido deck. However, we couldn't pass up a free upgrade to a suite. We took the free upgrade but missed the convenience of being on the Lido deck.

The guy tried to say that first time cruisers make the mistake of always wanting to be on Lido and that I should feel very lucky because first time cruisers don't usually get upgrades. LOL. What he didn't know was that I had the advantage because of everyone on here. I made sure I had my deck plans open so I could see exactly where he was talking about. He was very persuasive and if I didn't know better, I probably would have jumped on it. :)

StayCool ~

I'm always interested in upsell options, and I'm wondering if how you booked your cruise makes any difference to how Carnival chooses who to call. Did you book through Carnival, a TA, or other means?

Thanks!

StayCool ~

I'm always interested in upsell options, and I'm wondering if how you booked your cruise makes any difference to how Carnival chooses who to call. Did you book through Carnival, a TA, or other means?

Thanks!

Only because you said you were interested in upsell options...

We had a call from the upsell fairy for our Jan 2010 Destiny cruise about 1 week before sailing. We were in an inside cabin and they offered a balcony room cost for an additional $100 p/p (5 day cruise). We booked via Carnival PVP, but I think the biggest reason we were called, is because the Destiny was having propellor issues and was missing some ports, and a lot of folks were cancelling (i.e. same supply, but much less demand = lower pricing).

BTW, we took the balcony upgrade. :D Cheapest balcony I've ever paid for.

GP

Thanks for the info, GuitarPlayer.

We have booked cruises through TA and Carnival PVP, and have never received this opportunity--yet! I'm sure we would be interested if it ever happens. One time we received a great upgrade (TA booking); however, I think that was due to price drops more than anything else. That was on one of our first cruises before all the ES opportunities.

Archived