Roll calls and other information

what information would you like to see on your roll calls that is helpful to a first time cruiser or even the seaonal cruiser? That makes it fun, rallies the cruisers together, makes planning fun, special events.

What made your roll call special?

I am one roll call that is very active and the other roll call well no so. How do you create a spark?

I agree with some of the other posters...it is hit or miss and depends on the CC members who happen to be going on your particular cruise...sometimes you get a great mix of active members and then sometimes it just doesn't seem to get rolling no matter what you do

one thing I do that my fellow roll call members seem to like is to keep a running list of the roll call members and some basic information on each...here would be a brief sample

Joe and Terri from Miami with their 2 daughters, ages 5 and 7

Lisa and 3 friends from Texas on first cruise

Mark and Melissa from Iowa on their honeymoon

As new members join the roll call, I simply copy the previous list, add the names of the new members and repost...it's fun to see the list grow

Having a running roster certainly helps. But no matter what you do some roll calls just never get off the ground.

We do put a link to our roll call in our signature which sometimes helps others find the spot.

Charlie

I agree it is a hit or miss. We did an eastern caribbean cruise with HAL on December 11th. We had a pretty good response to our roll call. But the cruise for December 4th had a much larger response. Hard to figure.

I agree with some of the other posters...it is hit or miss and depends on the CC members who happen to be going on your particular cruise...sometimes you get a great mix of active members and then sometimes it just doesn't seem to get rolling no matter what you do

one thing I do that my fellow roll call members seem to like is to keep a running list of the roll call members and some basic information on each...here would be a brief sample

Joe and Terri from Miami with their 2 daughters, ages 5 and 7

Lisa and 3 friends from Texas on first cruise

Mark and Melissa from Iowa on their honeymoon

As new members join the roll call, I simply copy the previous list, add the names of the new members and repost...it's fun to see the list grow

tiger belle, Sounds like a fun idea. Unfortunately not everyone likes to share information. Even some CC members do not show location on the top banner. But I still like your idea.

tiger belle, Sounds like a fun idea. Unfortunately not everyone likes to share information. Even some CC members do not show location on the top banner. But I still like your idea.
When we've done the "Roll Call Roster" we have added each screen name as they have joined. If I were doing a roll call for this thread it would look something like:

• nasa1974 - Cleveland, OH
  • tiger belle - Louisiana
  • 98Charlie - Charlie & DW - Central Ohio
  • etc.

If there is one that has only a screen name that's all I put in the roster. As roll call members get more comfortable they will ask that their names and locations be added.

Charlie

When we've done the "Roll Call Roster" we have added each screen name as they have joined. If I were doing a roll call for this thread it would look something like:

• nasa1974 - Cleveland, OH
  • tiger belle - Louisiana
  • 98Charlie - Charlie & DW - Central Ohio
  • etc.

If there is one that has only a screen name that's all I put in the roster. As roll call members get more comfortable they will ask that their names and locations be added.

Charlie

My roll call is a little slow going right now I might try this... How do you get the Roll Call link in your signature?

Thanks for your help,

Tammy

My roll call is a little slow going right now I might try this... How do you get the Roll Call link in your signature?

Thanks for your help,

Tammy

• Open your roll call and copy the link to your roll call.
  • Go to Edit Signature (like you did for posting your countdown clock).
  • Paste the link in your signature.
  • Highlight the link and click on the createlink.gif icon. A window will pop up.
  • Just type in what you want to appear in your sig like: Join Our Roll Call Here

Hope this helps.

Charlie

Archived