All things Reflections

Penney80

So, is she wider than Equinox and Silhouette and the other sisters in the signature class?? Or were those not built here?

She is a meter wider than her sisters, but that meter is being felt all over the ship from what I have read. Imagine, one meter in width, but throughout the entire length.....

So, is she wider than Equinox and Silhouette and the other sisters in the signature class?? Or were those not built here?

Meyer Werft, one of the top ship building companies in the world, is the builder of all five S-class ships. Because the Reflection has additional sections added to the center of her two upper decks, she has more weight on her top decks which results in a higher center of gravity than her sisters. To compensate for that, she is one meter wider than her four sisters. This extra width will give her the same stability as her sisters.

That extra width will also give her 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater, 118 additional seats in Oceanview Cafe, 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille, four more in Qsine, and 40 additional seats in the main dining room, as well as space for more loungers around the pools.

We are booked on the Reflection for the Jan. 19th cruise, but can not log on to Connections. Would like to share expectations with others on this cruise.

Jack and Ann:p

'Shouldn't have a problem:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1524582

Are you having an issue logging into any other Cruise Critic threads?

'Would love to have you join us on the Roll Call.

We are booked on the Reflection for the Jan. 19th cruise, but can not log on to Connections. Would like to share expectations with others on this cruise.

Jack and Ann:p

I don't think the problem is just you. I have been reading on other Celebrity threads that people have been having problems for a week now.

Hey everyone! Hubby and I are planning to book Reflection for next April. It will be our 1st Celebrity cruise.

Does Celebrity do any sales like RCCL does (WOW sales), or should we just go ahead and book it? I always like getting some on-board credit....:)

She is a meter wider than her sisters, but that meter is being felt all over the ship from what I have read. Imagine, one meter in width, but throughout the entire length.....

According to the Celebrity website, the Reflection's beam (width at the widest point not counting the bridge) is 123 feet, while the Silhouette's beam is 121 feet.

On the Reflection, 3026 passengers enjoy 126,000 tonnes, with a space ration of 41.37 tonnes per passenger. The Silhouettes 2886 passengers enjoy 122,400 tonnes, with a space ratio of 42.41 tonnes per passenger. The difference in the space ratio may seem small, but it does mean that Reflection passengers have about 2.5% less space per passenger compared with other S-class ships. (Recall that a tonne is a measure of space, not weight nor water displaced.)

In other words, in spite of the additional width, the Reflection will be a little bit tighter. The difference may or may not be noticeable to passengers. Time will tell.

In all fairness, when Princess added an extra deck with the Caribbean and Crown Princess without changing the beam of the ship, I really didn't notice any more crowding compared to earlier Grand class ships without the extra deck of cabins.

These differences in stats and specs did not prevent us from booking a cruise on the Reflection, which we look forward to very much.

Hey everyone! Hubby and I are planning to book Reflection for next April. It will be our 1st Celebrity cruise.

Does Celebrity do any sales like RCCL does (WOW sales), or should we just go ahead and book it? I always like getting some on-board credit....:)

They sure do! It is called a Wave Promotion and they also have occasionally price drops and/or upgrades.

I have saved $1580 US since booked on the cabin for the Equinox (this year) and a bit more on an early saver fare when booked for the Reflection (next year).

This was through a large American cruise discount TA.

Speaking of Sky Suite, we were planning to book one on the Reflection, cabin no. was 1678, however there was a huge mixed up because the fact that the reflection will have additional cabins on the higher decks, the configuration will be slightly different from the previous ship.

Now we went with a reputable TA (not going to say name) but her system has the old information so she thought she booked us a corner sky suite on the penthouse deck. I noticed on the Celebrity website that 1678 was not a corner sky suite. This went on back and forth between TA and Celebrity, eventually concluded that what they have on the Celebrity website was correct.

If it is not a sky suite, what is it. It is color coded like a sky suite. What happens if I book it as a veranda which is how it is listed and it turns out to be a sky suite. Will I be charged for a suite?

If it is not a sky suite, what is it. It is color coded like a sky suite. What happens if I book it as a veranda which is how it is listed and it turns out to be a sky suite. Will I be charged for a suite?

I am looking at both Celebrity and Cruise deck plans dot com site and both show 1678 as Concierge C2, 1688 and 1665 are the corner sky suites.

:(

When I look Celebrity's web site, 1678 is color coded as a C2, not a Sky Suite.

As I found out about the "Everything Silhouette Thread" If you want to keep the thread active one has to 'push" it along.

I understand the Reflection will have a lot of mirrors:D

My very astute cat would really enjoy cruising then. I never understood why he would always stop in front of a mirror and place his front feet on it for a moment before continuing on.:confused: Then I realized he was just taking paws to reflect.:p

I'm really confused. I just looked again and it is color coded sky suite:

RF_Penthouse_Deck_1484_H.gif

deck11.gif

don't know if a cut & paste will work..but this is what I find for Refelction, hope the close up helps..1678 is definitely a CC2 not a Sky suite. BTW these are the newest deck plans.

I'm really confused. I just looked again and it is color coded sky suite:

RF_Penthouse_Deck_1484_H.gifget cabin 1665 or 1688. aft, corner sky suites are our favorite. they are oversized, have oversize, wrap around balconys and have a life size porthole. you can actually sit in it!!g

Thanks for posting all of the great info and photos. Before leaving the Century on Sunday, I booked an Eastern Carribean cruise on the Reflection. I was going to take an A2, but noticed on the deck plan that the balcony of the first A1, at an angle, appeared larger. See the Penthouse deck plan above that was posted. Now that I look at the Celebrity site, it says that 1547, 1549 1552 and 1554 have partially obstructed views. Can anyone venture a guess to how bad the obstruction will be? I don't know if other Solstice class ships have the same issue. I plan on using the balcony quite a bit and don't want to be annoyed by a beam, overhang or something else that will block the view. Should I switch cabins?

Thanks, Mark

I am booked on the Reflection for 12/15/12 and then in Europe for 5/2013. I can't seem to understand why I can't book excursions, dining, spa, anything online yet for the cruise in December. I understand the ship is still being built, but at least dining and the spa should be available by now right? I was booked on the Silohuette for 12/16/12, and was able to have everything booked online, so it must be b/c it is a new ship.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

I'm looking to do that too! Has anyone been able to book excursions or dining yet for cruising in 2012 on the Reflection?

Although the deck plans are different than her sisters, I think it is safe to assume that the obstruction here would be the window washing equipment based on the location as compared to the other ships....

I'm looking to do that too! Has anyone been able to book excursions or dining yet for cruising in 2012 on the Reflection?

im on the december 15th as well in a celebrity suite. have only stayed in sky suites.........very excited. i cant book anything as well except beverage packages.........they are open now.

Yes, excursions are available for the inaugural on 10/12/12. I didn't pull the trigger and book but i've researched and it says I can purchase.

They sure do! It is called a Wave Promotion and they also have occasionally price drops and/or upgrades.

I have saved $1580 US since booked on the cabin for the Equinox (this year) and a bit more on an early saver fare when booked for the Reflection (next year).

This was through a large American cruise discount TA.

Wonderful!!! That price drop you got is awesome!!

I will keep my eyes open!! I love price drops too!!:)

We have booked three Celebrity excursions for our Oct 21st cruise. Booked them a few weeks ago. Haven't tried dining yet. Will probably wait until the first day on the ship.

Archived