All things Reflections

Penney80

Sounds like just October 2012 is open - guess I still have to wait for December to open up. Looking forward to seeing what excursions are available and trying out the dining on this new ship!

Sounds like just October 2012 is open - guess I still have to wait for December to open up. Looking forward to seeing what excursions are available and trying out the dining on this new ship!

I checked a couple of December sailings and the excursions are available for reviewing. Just go to the specific cruise and click on the Shore and Land Excursions tab.

Hey no problem, glad I could help. Just sorry it is so large! But I was unable to read the smaller one..even with the computer's magnifier on.

I had the same problem today! Used a real magnifying glass for the one from X. The larger one looks just the same as on my TA's website:) That one is so much easier to follow.

Was looking to see if there were any Aqua cabins without an overhang balcony, but does not look too hopeful.

Wonderful!!! That price drop you got is awesome!!

I will keep my eyes open!! I love price drops too!!:)

Surely hope that you will be succesful with that:D

For my next one on Reflections thinking about doing an upgrade if we get the chance. But it seems the popular cabins are already sold out.:(

but it does mean that Reflection passengers have about 2.5% less space per passenger compared with other S-class ships.

In other words, in spite of the additional width, the Reflection will be a little bit tighter. The difference may or may not be noticeable to passengers. Time will tell.

It will be very interesting when a gathering will be held in a Sky Lounge much smaller than the other S-Class ships. If there are crowding problems now when many elites are on board, the problem will be much more severe with the new luxury cabins on Port side removing a substantial part of the Sky Lounge.

SkyLoungeReflectionandSolstice.png

Deck plan question...

Do cruise ships do like some hotels do and skip "deck/floor 13"? And just name that actual deck/floor 14 instead?

I ask because since the only AQ suites were on deck 12 I was wondering what would be above us? The pool, as it shows on deck 14, or maybe crew quarters or something like that?

Anybody know? How is it on Silhouette or other S-class ships?

Deck plan question...

Do cruise ships do like some hotels do and skip "deck/floor 13"? And just name that actual deck/floor 14 instead?

I ask because since the only AQ suites were on deck 12 I was wondering what would be above us? The pool, as it shows on deck 14, or maybe crew quarters or something like that?

Anybody know? How is it on Silhouette or other S-class ships?

There was no 13 on Equinox, so I assume they follow the same superstition as hotels and the like.

I dont recall seening a 13 on the reflection deck plan, either.

Oh well. I was hoping to not have the pool above our room, but hopefully being back toward the back end of the pool area will decrease the amount of noise that we will get.

Thanks for the info!

Since Reflection now has all her exterior modules attached the changes in images from one week to another won't be dramatic. However, it's been two weeks since the last photo update so here is the latest photo, which is from this morning. Looks like they may be doing some painting to her hull. Still have 2-1/2 months of work to do before she is floated out of the assembly building in mid August.

The modules visible under the cranes are for NCL's Breakaway, a name that seems odd for a cruise ship - I keep thinking of parts falling off during cruises. :D

2012_05_23_halle%206.jpg

Any thoughts on Aqua cabins 2150/2153...deck 12 first cabins on the forward slant next to the hump...I am assuming these should have the extended balconies:confused:

Looks like the pool deck is right above you. I would be a little worried about the noise factor..we are on Penthouse deck just for that reason. Last I saw 1636 was still available..that is on the hump on the back side on starboard (?) side..though as I type this it may already be gone.

Any thoughts on Aqua cabins 2150/2153...deck 12 first cabins on the forward slant next to the hump...I am assuming these should have the extended balconies:confused:

DUH!!! LOL I thought I was writing my my "connections" thread..sorry don't know if 1630 is available on your cruise but as far as the two staterms you mentioned ...I would still be worried about noise from the pool deck.

Two more photos as of this week. The first is on the shipbuilder's home page and shows us the ship from a seldom seen angle. The next is the weekly progress update web cam photo.

celebrity%20reflection_mg_0169.jpg2012_06_05_halle%206.jpg

Also interesting is this link to a fascinating cutaway drawing of a generic cruise ship (not Reflection) that shows the huge amount of pipes one of these amazing machines has. It's too large to post the photo, but here is the link instead (click on the drawing if necessary for the largest view). http://www.meyerwerft-medien.de/data/pressefotos/218/31221.jpg ....

I've also included the press release for the ship builder's new pipe manufacturing facility where this drawing is used as an illustration. Statistics such as "Modern cruise ships ... average ... about 250 km of pipes" and "100,000 tubes installed this year" give an idea of how complicated the inner workings of a cruise ship can be: http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=d&main=3&subs=0&did=2028

Enjoy!

Hi all, finally booked Reflection 5th January 2013. Decided on Celebrity Suite 1122 in the hope the balcony is larger - our UK Celebrity site has yet not updated deck plan so the link for Reflection only shows the traditional Solstice deck plans. Looking forward to following the progress in Germany!!! And a few days in Miami as well.:D

I just booked the same suite for April 6, 2013. It does appear to be a larger balcony. We were in a similar hump CS on Solstice 2 years ago, and it was a wonderful balcony! You must post a review and pics after your cruise!

Just booked Nov. 18, 2012 Transatlantic cruise for my wife and I. We snagged roon 6241 which is one of the deepest balconies. We are looking forward to seeing the new ship. This is our first Transatlantic and are a little worried about the ocean since it's the last few weeks of hurricane season.

Kitcito:D

Another new image of the Reflection on the ship builder's site. The small section extending from the ship (circled in yellow) must be the very high end Reflection Suite's cantilevered shower. Quotes from Celebrity's web site: "Sea view bathroom with cantilever shower and veranda tubs" and "Sea-view bathroom extends out over the edge of the ship". Does anyone have detailed information on this feature?

Reflection%20Suite%20Shower.jpg

Hello all!

New to the board and to Celebrity (well, I've actually only been on two cruises in my life so I guess I could be considered new all around) and have just started researching a possible Dec. sailing on Reflection. I love new things - so I figure what could be better than a brand new cruise ship! Now I just have to get my husband "on board" with me on this.

I would love your thoughts on Aft balcony cabins, specifically what I am believing to be C1 class cabins. I really would like to book a balcony on this cruise and the more private (if possible) the better. Can you all share your pros and cons, specifically those that have sailed on this class of ship before? I would greatly appreciate it!

I would also like to know how to get the best deal possible. Can you still get price drops if you book directly through the cruise line or is a TA best? Also, onboard credits and such...how do you get your little hands on those? :rolleyes:

I am sure I'll have more questions along the way and look forward to picking all of your brains! :D

Kim

P.S. And when I say "Aft" I mean directly on the back of the ship (not educated enough to know if there is a specific name for that location).

Archived