All things Reflections

Penney80

Thanks 1959 for the quick update. I was wondering if the funny looking barges are container ships and what do they contain? They look completely sealed.

Joann and Bob

Not sure which ones you may be talking about. Don't think I saw those...:(

A new photo of Reflection has been posted on the Meyer Werft web site. Not much has changed from the previous photo.

NEW PHOTO:...........................................................PREVIOUS PHOTO:

2013_04_23_halle%206.jpg2013_04_19_halle%206.jpg

louise,

we love the aft sky suites as well. the higher up, the larger. also, they have a life size port-hole that is really cool.

Are you SURE the S1s are bigger on the higher floors? I think you may be reading into some compressed deck plans... I have never heard anyone mention this before.

Are you SURE the S1s are bigger on the higher floors? I think you may be reading into some compressed deck plans... I have never heard anyone mention this before.

on all the solstice class ships, the corner aft suites are much larger and have larger verandas. i stay in one last year on the solstice and im booked in one on the eclipse for next year. ONLY THE AFT CORNERS, however.

A new photo of Reflection has been posted on the Meyer Werft web site. Not much has changed from the previous photo.

NEW PHOTO:...........................................................PREVIOUS PHOTO:

2013_04_23_halle%206.jpg2013_04_19_halle%206.jpg

She's lookin' more and more like a ship as the weeks pass. Can't wait to go on her inaugural on 10/12/12!!!!! So ready!!

Looking at the Meyer Werft web site and found this press announcement, translated from German by Google Translator:

"NDR 2 Papenburg Festival 2012

"Peter Maffay, The Boss Hoss, Tim Bendzko and Frida in front of giant golden gate

"Date: Saturday, 8 September 2012, at the Meyer Werft, Papenburg

"NDR 2 celebrates five top German bands against an imposing backdrop. Peter Maffay, The Boss Hoss, Tim Bendzko, Frida gold and newcomer Cäthe are NDR 2 Papenburg Festival on Saturday, 8 September, on stage at the Meyer Werft, in front of the luxury cruise liner Celebrity Reflection".

They have been holding these festivals at Meyer Werft's shipyard since 2002. Reflection will be the third participation by an S-class ship at this annual event.

Here is a photo from August, 2009, of the concert festival with Equinox as the background.

5603.jpg

From 2011 with the Silhouette as the background, with over 25,000 attending.

674d1309203905-celeb1.jpg

Here is an article about the 2011 festival:

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/forums/content/celebrity-ship-joins-celebrity-musicians-entertain-25-000-people-325/

I am booked on the Reflection for 12/15/12 and then in Europe for 5/2013. I can't seem to understand why I can't book excursions, dining, spa, anything online yet for the cruise in December. I understand the ship is still being built, but at least dining and the spa should be available by now right? I was booked on the Silohuette for 12/16/12, and was able to have everything booked online, so it must be b/c it is a new ship.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

I'd like to know why we can't book excursions yet, too!:rolleyes: We are on Reflections on 1/12/12.

Assuming that your cruise is set for 1/12/2013....We are booked on the Reflection the next week (1/19/2013) and the shore excursions are not yet available for booking on the Celebrity site.

'Keep checking as the should be available soon. We are still 8 months away and the excursions may not show up on the site for several more weeks.

I am booked on the Reflection for 12/15/12 and then in Europe for 5/2013. I can't seem to understand why I can't book excursions, dining, spa, anything online yet for the cruise in December. I understand the ship is still being built, but at least dining and the spa should be available by now right? I was booked on the Silohuette for 12/16/12, and was able to have everything booked online, so it must be b/c it is a new ship.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

I'm on 10/12/12 and can only book beverage card so far LOL

I'm on 10/12/12 and can only book beverage card so far LOL

We're on the 10/21/12 sailing out of Barcelona to Venice. Earlier this week we booked the three excursions my wife and I are taking through the ship, and the couple we are going with did the same. Had no problems at all. I was also able to make a wine package purchase, but have since cancelled it because of the limited wine selection that apparently is available. I looked at my online banking today and the charges for the excursions are already posted to my charge account.

Specialty reservations are not available yet, however. We're not interested in the spa packages, so don't know if those are available.

I don't know why anyone else is having a problem. The process went flawlessly for me.

A new picture today. At the back end of the ship (on top) you can now see a small stove pipe (previously blocked from view by a crane) coming up that will eventually be connected to outside exhaust through the roof of the building when they begin testing the engines prior to her float out.

sil11.jpg

I don't know why anyone else is having a problem. The process went flawlessly for me.

It looks like the inaugural sailings excursions are finally loaded as I can see some now. Before today when I've checked, it didn't have any loaded :( now, the thinking can begin!

Here is the latest webcam photo from Meyer Werft. It is now just three months until float out, which is scheduled for mid August. Transfer down the Elbe, called the "conveyance", to the dock where she will have her final fitting is scheduled for Mid September. She will be the widest and largest ship to ever be moved down the relatively narrow and shallow Elbe river, a move that has to be done with very careful timing and precision maneuvering to avoid running her aground. The conveyance will also require a railroad bridge to be dismantled! (second photo)

2013_05_09_halle%206.jpg

Dismantled%20bridge.JPG

Here is the latest webcam photo from Meyer Werft. It is now just three months until float out, which is scheduled for mid August. Transfer down the Elbe, called the "conveyance", to the dock where she will have her final fitting is scheduled for Mid September. She will be the widest and largest ship to ever be moved down the relatively narrow and shallow Elbe river, a move that has to be done with very careful timing and precision maneuvering to avoid running her aground. The conveyance will also require a railroad bridge to be dismantled! (second photo)

2013_05_09_halle%206.jpg

Dismantled%20bridge.JPG

So, is she wider than Equinox and Silhouette and the other sisters in the signature class?? Or were those not built here?

Archived