Detailed Solstice Review Apr 3-10/11

KruzinAl

Nice review. Thank you. I'm leaving May 1 on the transatlantic. Could you tell me more about the Dining and Wine/Dine packages. We will not be getting a drink package but enjoy wine with dinner. I read that the Solstice class did not offer wine packages except for wines over $75. Is the Dining and Wine/Dine package something different?

Cynthia

Since the captain and cruise director are leaving for vacation do you have any idea who will be replacing them? Thanks for the review.

Not sure who is replacing them, someone very reliable for sure and worthy of both positions. Unless you know someone at X Management, hard to find out who these people are, likely come from similar ships? Captain Gerry will be off for 3 months, they work 3 on, 3 off. He told me his wife is joining him this week (Apr 17) for a month, with their child. He lives in Norway, so he will probably sail over their on the May 1 repo cruise, then off in Mid-May.

I think that Lisa leaves May 1, then rejoins July 1,

Have a great trip!

Al

Nice review. Thank you. I'm leaving May 1 on the transatlantic. Could you tell me more about the Dining and Wine/Dine packages. We will not be getting a drink package but enjoy wine with dinner. I read that the Solstice class did not offer wine packages except for wines over $75. Is the Dining and Wine/Dine package something different?

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia, they have the wine/dine package, 5 premium dinners/5 wines at $365 per couple or 5 dinners/3 wines $319 or 3/3 at $259 per couple. I don't know the wine value?

Check out their website?

Dining packages, 3 dinners are $79 per person, 5 dinners are $115 per person.

Tuscan Grill was incredible and would highly recommend it. $30 per. We did not eat at Murano, but we spoke to many who did, a little more high end, with caviar, foie gras, a French touch, lobster there was to do die for apparently, we had great lobster tail on the last formal night.

Blu is their healthy food restaurant, but only for Aquaclass guests and Suite guests if space is available, others cannot reserve.

I know on the drink package, some people were buying one package and sharing it, ie going to different bars. With wine, they pour one glass at a time.

Royal is trying this on 3 ships, but rumour is they are retooling it, making it mandatory for all of age people in the same room to buy it.

No word on what Celebrity is doing;.

There is a good summary of all this in your stateroom, day1

They have 14 white wines and 11 red wines listed, they call "premium" maybe that means over $75?

Have a good trip!

Al

Archived