Just returned from Allure 4/10 sailing...maybe I researched too much....

This was our 10th cruise, 3rd with Royal Caribbean. It wast just hubby (50) and I (46). We honestly didn't care about the ports, just love cruising and couldn't wait to see the ship and spent 40% more than usual just to sail her. I can't help but wonder if all my research ahead of time didn't spoil it a bit though? I never turned a corner and went "wow" because I had seen 1000 pictures on line before I got there! I have also learned it doesn't matter how magnificent a ship is, if you are boring as a person, and continue to not "get out there" and do stuff, you'll still be bored no matter how great a ship it is!

No clue how many kids on this sailing, they were all VERY well behaved and/or entertained by the on board programs that it was a complete non-issue for us despite being the week before April when many are on Spring Break still. Only 60% of the ship were American, over 40 other countries were represented by guests. This was really fun for me, in the past most cruises were all not only Americans but many from the South and it's always interesting to strike up conversations with people from around the country/globe.

Food was very average, desserts were not worth the calories in our humble opinions. Service was fantastic. The ship is gorgeous. Entertainment far exceeded anything on any prior ship. When technical difficulties cancelled shows they always rescheduled them later in the week to ensure everyone who reserved seats saw the shows. Not sure why people don't like Ken Rush, we liked him.

Hubby loved the full basketball court and played daily. Golf course was nice, zip line and Flow Rider were a ball to watch. More later.....

I agree with you Judy. I am trying not to look at too many pictures because I want some surprise and some WOW factor, but it is hard. I am so excited to go that I want to be on her already.

Did you get off at Falmouth?

What was your favorite place to eat?

Thank you for your input.

We're sailing this weekend and I feel like I've done a ton of research just to get prepared since we've never been on this class before. :D I love reading reviews and looking at pictures. The one thing I won't do is look at the compasses! I need a little suspense. :o:D

Looking forward to the next installment. :)

The most pleasant surprise for us was that we never ever felt crowded. We went to Windjammer daily for breakfast anywhere between 8:00am - 10:00am and never once waited in line, never waited for a table and our juice glass never hit 1/2 empty before they tried to offer us a refill.

We had no trouble finding loungers on the sun decks even at 10:00am, which was a surprise to me. Most ships by 9:00am they were all taken but not on Allure. And we found 2 chairs together near the Main or Sports pool each time. This was even the case on sea days.

Loved the Aqua Theatre and wish they showed more movies. We love MUTS on the other lines. We did watch IronMan 2 the last night there, along with a dancing fountain show. The popcorn is like sytafoam but I applaud the effort.

I agree with you Judy. I am trying not to look at too many pictures because I want some surprise and some WOW factor, but it is hard. I am so excited to go that I want to be on her already.

Did you get off at Falmouth?

What was your favorite place to eat?

Thank you for your input.

Hi - we did get off in Falmouth and took the free shuttle to the Rose Hall shops. We have been to Ocho Rios and Montego Bay several times. Very small shopping area, maybe 18 shops, mostly jewlery but it's a nice little area, fairly new. The shuttle ride was 20 min each way. I wouldn't go back but I"m glad I went, got a gorgeous Philip Stein watch while I was there....

We ate at the MDR, Windjammer, Chops, Johnny Rockets, Cupcake Cubbard, Promenade Cafe and Sorrento's. Favorite was Chops and our least favorite was Windjammer at lunch time.

Loved the Aqua Theatre and wish they showed more movies. We love MUTS on the other lines. We did watch IronMan 2 the last night there, along with a dancing fountain show. The popcorn is like sytafoam but I applaud the effort.

What time were the movies in the evening at Aqua Theatre? Also, where did you get the popcorn:p

Archived