Travel Vest?

alcie

I'm not questioning if a car seat is needed for our 3 yr old DD but I am trying to find the lightest way possible to lug one around ports. I saw this in a previous thread http://www.amazon.com/Safe-Traffic-Systems-GD10101PWB-Travel/dp/B0034CUJNE/ref=pd_sim_dbs_ba_2

Does anyone know if you can use this vest with a booster seat (or without?) for a 3 yr old? It seems like a booster seat would be more comfortable to carry around in a backpack than a full car seat in one of those shoulder carrying packs would be.

The PP is correct. The vest is designed to take the place of a booster seat/car seat. So you don't use both. However, it is important to note that the vest can only be used with a lap and shoulder belt, or a lap belt AND a top tether. If there is not a top tether and only a lap belt, this vest can not be used.

You can not use the Ride Safer Travel Vest with a booster seat. The advantage to it over a booster seat, though, is that it can be used with a lap-only belt when the car has top tethers. Boosters MUST be used with a lap/shoulder belt. The Ride Safer Vest not something I would use on a daily basis, since it's kind of a PITB to get on and off the child, but it can work well in certain situations.

Depending on the type of transport you are planning to use in the ports, though, you may have a hard time finding a vehicle that even has seatbelts. In most US states, taxis are actually exempt from carseat laws. That doesn't make it safe not to use a carseat, it just makes it legal :rolleyes: . What are your plans when you are in port?

We're going to St Thomas and St Martin. Our current plans are to get a taxi in both ports and go to Coral World and Coki Beach in St Thomas and maybe Le Gallion and/or the butterfly pavilion in St Martin. We'll be on RCCL's FOS and the itenarary says Charlotte Amalie but I don't know if this is any indication of where we'll actually dock.

Archived