50th Birthday, Your Cruise Preference please

DEEDIA

Well the title says it all, its my Wifes birthday next year and looking at doing a Special Cruise, We always sail with R.C.I. so the other companys are out, That will narrow it down a bit. Some of you must have been to some nice places so now is the time to rave about them. Than You very much, :D

One of my favourites was the Southern Caribbean and Panama canal but that was on Celebrity.

We both have 50ths coming up in the next few years and would love to do Australia/New Zealand.

Julie

jst4fun715, you will enjoy that, we did the Baltic last year and all the Amercians stopped on (well quite a few did), and we are still in contact with many of them via the board.

Billyelliot, the wife is not sure about the Caribbean so I guess thats out.

Carol P, Alaska would be my choice, but sadly its not.

San Fransisco is being talked about so I said a few days ashore then see if a RCI Cruise is sailing from near by. Trawling RCI web site looking for Ports around S.F

I suppose the 'where' depends on where you're from. I decided to celebrate my 50th with a 12-night crossing on Diamond Princess from Sydney to Auckland, as certainly a worthy and significant trip. It was our 20th Anniversary too, so it needed to be done in a big way. We actually got home a few days before the actual birthday, but that's OK...it was a great cruise. My birthday itself was actually spent frantically packing to move out of the house a week after getting back from a month Down-under, to an incredible place 400 miles away in the California Redwoods. My suitcase full of dirty cruise laundry just went into storage with the furniture for a couple of months, not having time to unpack. (I recommend allowing a bit more time for such an enormous life-change!!)

Now I try to work the dates a little better: we sailed a year later on my 51st birthday from Valparaiso, Chile on a 23-night trip to San Francisco on Golden Princess, and on my 53rd birthday from Barcelona on a 21-night B2B in the Mediterranean on Norwegian Jade. Just got back from a slightly delayed Caribbean cruise (6 days post-BD, on RCI Serenade) to celebrate my 55th birthday and simultaneous retirement, and our 25th Anniversary. Looking forward to another B2B in September, sailing on the second leg to The New World on my 55.5 half-birthday.

We did DH's 60th birthday parasailing on a port stop in Puerto Vallarta (OK, that required two requisite Bloody Marys at a palapa bar on the beach first :p), and another one with champagne brunch in the Panama Canal.

When the tough gets going, the tough go cruising!!!!

Archived