Liberty Dining Rooms

Just a few questions as I take my first Carnival cruise this weekend. We opted for your time dining since its my girlfriends first cruise, it would be less stressful for her. I am hoping thats going to pan out as I hear some reviews of extremely slow service for your time dining, some say no problems.

I will see for myself I guess. If anyone has any tips on how to enhance that experience, all suggestions welcome.

As far as dining rooms. How many are there and do we pic? Or does Carnival. Also for breakfast and lunch, do we pick for that as well? I see there are a few dining rooms on board and would like to mix it up if possible.

And is it true I can get Indian food in the MDR if asked? If so, I will probably live on that ship if possible.

thanks

There are two dining rooms on the Liberty... one midships and one aft. Your Time Dining is conducted in the midships dining room.

There is Indian food available in the MDR. On the page that opens at this link, on the left hand side, you can select 'Indian Meals' to see the information and a sample menu...

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

:)

You can ask your waiter 24 hours in advance to have Indian food the next night ... since you are doing anytime .. dont know how well that would work out.

There will be one dining room for lunch and breakfast. Im not sure which one is used. You can ask to sit with others or by yourself for those meals. I eat in the MDR for those meals a lot

We had your time dining on the Liberty in February and we did not have to wait once for our table...we were a table for 5...we had the same server (Christina) every evening, and she was amazing! We did not go to the MDR for lunch or breakfast. We found the service to be adequately fast, and had a very pleasant experience for your time dining. Enjoy your cruise! The Liberty is a beautiful ship!

The Silver Olympian Dining room - which is the aft dining room - will be open for specified hours for breakfast every day and for lunch on Sea Days. The times are listed in the FunTimes. Breakfast and Lunch in the dining room is Open Seating....when you arrive they put you at a table.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you had a good time! I'll be on the same May 28th cruise and I would love a review too!!!!

I disagree with the assessment that people here are disturbed and hostile... at least with reviews. As long as it's fair and balanced most people enjoy reading others reviews.

But some people tend to get on here and be a little bit ludicrous and base their entire happiness and existence on one minor problem on a cruise...What they are writing isn't a review but a complaint... It's many times over something silly or something that they downplay their own role in. I work in a career field where I see people minimizing their own role all the time... and have come to discover there are always two sides to the story and the truth is somewhere in the middle. So mostly I don't blame people on here sometimes for being skeptical of some "stories." Now that you've been on a Carnival cruise I'm sure you can see how some of the things you've read may have been a little overplayed?

There are those however that are bullies but I'm pretty sure if you wrote a fair review (WITH PICTURES PLEASE!) no one is going to bully you....

In any case, I wrote most of this to tell you that you said you had a good time, and I would love to read your review about the good time you had!!!! please write it....

I appreciate it. Its not that I worry about e-bullies. I just don't like to give them satisfaction. You are also right that my judgement of them was not fair.

It would also be unfair for me to not give a review. I found the reviews here to be informative and helpful in making decisions and to not return the favor would certainly be unfair.

I will try and do one some time soon. Thanks for the encouragement.

Archived