Sun Deck Suites on Golden

Murphey

Noisy, you can hear footsteps from people walking overhead.

Vibration.

If your cabin is near the hallway exit door you will hear constant banging because people let the door slam.

We did it once, never again..

There are some good reviews of these cabins also.

A while back I was actually talking to someone in one of those suites as they were on the cruise and they loved it, said it was not very noisy.

It is does depend on the person, a lot of noise for some, is not noise for others.

I always get a aft/high up cabin. The motion of the ship and the vibration puts be right to sleep

I know there is not curtain between the bed and living space. I don't have that now in my bed room and that does not bother me or my husband.

I know there is no wet bar, but I don't plan on doing dished or glasses and if I want water, I'll walk 10 feet to the bathroom or pick-up the phone. There are people who will not book because of these reasons. But not me

There does look like there is a door between the living space and the bath/dressing area, which is good

The best decision is the one you’re happy with. So I did book one of these cabins after looking at the other OS/PH and it suited me the best for everything I wanted.

I did a search on Golden Princess - Sun deck Suite. http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=70682

And found other pictures on webshots

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575948437jCnvtJ

Have a very nice cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm even more confused? Oh well.....while I was trying to decide, the price jumped, so I learned a lesson...book first and think later!!!! Thanks though for your input.....I did grab an aft balcony, so not terribly disappointed. I hope we get to try a suite one of these days!!

We were upgraded to one of these new PH Suites on the Sun Deck last year. Our cabin was near the Owner's Suite that was on the pictures in the above post. We didn't notice much noise at all in this suite. I would book one of these in a heartbeat if we had the opportunity. Loved the new heating/cooling system they had in the cabin also. It worked so well. Maybe some of the cabins has more noise from above, but we just didn't have any problem with it at all.

Sorry to hear you missed out on the great price. But I'm sure you have a great cabin regardless.

• 2 weeks later...

How was the View from the Balcony? My concern is that there is a pool below you correct? The only left for my cruise (Golden Princess) is a Starboard cruise, and it's for Alaska. Right now I am in an AFT Penthouse suite on the Baja level. Any advice?

How was the View from the Balcony? My concern is that there is a pool below you correct? The only left for my cruise (Golden Princess) is a Starboard cruise, and it's for Alaska. Right now I am in an AFT Penthouse suite on the Baja level. Any advice?

For Alaska I would take the Aft cabin, that way you can see both side in Alaska. That is what I had to Alaska and loved it.

Sun suites are on the sides of the ship, not aft. There is nothing obstructing the view, no pool in view. But out the hallway doors down one deck is the pool.

We had a Sun suite last summer in Alaska....absolutely LOVED it! We had no noise, the room was beautifully appointed. The balcony was very well protected, which is nice due to the changeable weather in Alaska. No curtain between bed and sitting area, no wet bar, but everything else was new and fresh...best cruise EVER. I would be thrilled to have one again.

We had a Sun suite last summer in Alaska....absolutely LOVED it! We had no noise, the room was beautifully appointed. The balcony was very well protected, which is nice due to the changeable weather in Alaska. No curtain between bed and sitting area, no wet bar, but everything else was new and fresh...best cruise EVER. I would be thrilled to have one again.

Thanks so much for this info, The reason I got one of these cabins was because I was hoping the balcony would be very well protected and you confirmed that. In the pictures I found that the cabin did look new and fresher then the older cabins, which I believed you also confirmed that. I could careless about a curtain or wet bar, so it sounds like I made the right decision.

Thanks again

I had an oppertunity to visit several of the new suites on deck 15. The last suite that we had was on deck 10.....the Monte Carlo suite.

The new suites look to be better than what we had.......the space is the same, but the layout is almost the same as the suites on deck 10.

There is a curtain that closes off the bedroom from the living room.....except for one suite.......that is an ADA suite.

Seeing that my in laws need an ADA suite or mini suite......we looked into these on the trip that we just disembarked from......today.

I'm just going to say........talk to Princess........and push for better accomodations for those that have handicaps.;)

Rick

Archived