Orlando to Port Canaveral and back

ronandcarla

What is the general consensus of transportation from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral and back? It seems we always fly into Fort Lauderdale and it is very close to port and the taxi service works quite well and doesn't cost very much.

What is the general consensus of transportation from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral and back? It seems we always fly into Fort Lauderdale and it is very close to port and the taxi service works quite well and doesn't cost very much.

rent a car. you can pick it up at the airport and most of the car rental agencies (we used budget) have locations right near the port with free shuttles to and from the port. its about and hours drive.

We always rent a car at the airport and drive to port canaveral. Most rental agencies have shuttles that will take you to/from the port. We then take a car back to airport.

Personally we prefer to use Budget.

You can use http://www.mousesavers.com for some discount codes for some savings.

Tim

rent a car. you can pick it up at the airport and most of the car rental agencies (we used budget) have locations right near the port with free shuttles to and from the port. its about and hours drive.

Wow, great minds think alike. LOL

Tim

I'm in a similar situation, but renting a car will cost me more than a shuttle service, I'm affraid. (Family of 5, with luggage, would be a van rental at least. Lot of money for a 45 minute rental...)

I've seen posts here earlier with a few shuttle service recommendations, but I failed to make note of them at the time. If anyone has a few, I'd be very appreciative!

Thanks!

:confused:We are looking for a private shuttle for our party of 7 arriving the day before out cruise in June. We are staying in Cocoa Beach at the Radisson. We like what Omega Shuttle has to offer out of Orlando, private van direct to the hotel in lew of a bus that stop's at other places to pick up other customer's. Has anybody used Omega and there thoughts? How about Cocoa Beach Shuttle?

Also good and reasonable places to eat near the Radisson?

Whatever you do don't take a taxi from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral! The fare will be in the $85-$100 range :eek: the port is not close to the airport as it is in Ft. Lauderdale. The best option is to rent a car one way or use any of the conventional shuttle services.

I'm in a similar situation, but renting a car will cost me more than a shuttle service, I'm affraid. (Family of 5, with luggage, would be a van rental at least. Lot of money for a 45 minute rental...)

I've seen posts here earlier with a few shuttle service recommendations, but I failed to make note of them at the time. If anyone has a few, I'd be very appreciative!

Thanks!

We were in the same boat (maybe literally too) 2 weeks ago - family of 5 with luggage going from MCO to Port Canaveral. We chose cruisexpressfla dot com. They were fabulous. $20pp, no charge for our infant. They had the movie Toy Story playing in the van for the kids. The owner, Wanda was fabulous to deal with. She emailed us right away and answered all my questions. She was at the Port after our cruise to make sure everything went smoothly. The driver was very friendly. I would choose them again in a heartbeat.

Thanks, everyone! That's exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate all the advice. CB Shuttle might be the ticket since we are flying in a day early and staying in a hotel instead of going straight to the port on departure day. This is the first time going out of Port Canaveral, so the logistics are a bit more "interesting".

Thanks again, everyone!

This is what we are doing also. Did you drop your luggage off before you returned the car or just put your luggage on the shuttle? did you also rent one for the return trip back to the airport after the cruise. We did and I am assuming they have a shuttle that will take us back to budget after the cruise to get the car. If you did this, did you have to make arrangements beforehand or is the shuttle there at the port to pick people up? Thanks for any info you have.

This is what we are doing also. Did you drop your luggage off before you returned the car or just put your luggage on the shuttle? did you also rent one for the return trip back to the airport after the cruise. We did and I am assuming they have a shuttle that will take us back to budget after the cruise to get the car. If you did this, did you have to make arrangements beforehand or is the shuttle there at the port to pick people up? Thanks for any info you have.

The shuttles are usually waiting.

We were a group of 8 and used cb shuttle last year. Very satisfied. I would also call florida town car service (they have vans). We used them more recently and they were a little cheaper. Also very satisfied with them.

Archived