Low Sanitation Score - Epic

happy cruzin

My guess is the F&B manager - though depending on the severity, who knows how far up the line they would go!

Tom

One of the major issues involved a fecal contamination episode in a swimming pool...certainly not something the F&B manager is responsible for. If headquarters follows any reasonable semblance of a chain of command, they will hold the hotel director's feet to the fire, not undermine his authority by going directly to a subordinate.

I can say with strong assurance, that the score given to (earned by) Norwegian EPIC has been taken to heart, and the current/future passenger base will be the beneficiary of better service because of it.

For those who might have glanced at a recent EPIC review I posted online here at Cruise Critic, I made a brief reference to a food service error noticed onboard, but I decided not to detail it later, because I can to accept it as a future non-issue, and for good reason.

Knowing how incredibly detailed (read: picky, but for a reason) those evaluations are - I feel their score, while not an "A", was not too bad. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to see higher marks, but an 89 would not stop me for one moment from considering a particular ship. Actually, that score was earned 4 weeks prior to our 2/26 sailing - and we made out OK!

:)

Tom

This will actually be the first T-n-C have heard about a follow-up to something noticed while we were onboard EPIC together in late February. I hope it will be OK for me to say it was Cheryl who first picked up on something that occurred at Teppanyaki while a second course was being served.

During a follow-up call I made to corporate upon my return to advise a particular administrative person what a fabulous time I'd experienced onboard this ship, creating one of my best cruises ever, I asked if there was a Food & Beverage person I could forward an e-mail to about something noticed while onboard. Instead of being given an e-mail address, I was asked to please hold to speak with someone. I was amazed (as I'd been that entire week onboard) at the service I was being offered.

I was, obviously, totally unaware of any scores recently given to this ship, but after reading the report this week, it make so much more sense why my call (which included very positive feedback) was being given an instant ear. The situation I described had an easy resolution, and I was guaranteed a resolution during upcoming training.

My career requires me to go through rather intensive annual traning on food service standards, so I was able to fully describe a situation and a possible solution. I was thanked repeatedly for the information, and the way it was delivered.

On another cruise line, where a continuing food service error (on multiple ships) is serious enough it could cause possible death . . . the officers onboard basically told me to piss up a rope. They have since begun to regret that approach.

Again, my sincere kudos to NCL for recognizing errors as what they are -- errors . . . and vowing to learn from those.

Lots of corporation, and governments, could learn a thing or two from that reaction. :)

Archived