Penthouse Deck-Century

EJR

My wife and I have just booked our first cruise on Celebrity and are counting the days until we get to sail. We are on the Penthouse deck-room 1101 (concierge class). We would be curious from those of you experienced on this ship (or others in this class) about both the noise from the resort deck above and the concierge class as a whole.

Thank you everyone in advance for your replies.

Eric

Hi EJR, I'm sailing with four teenage girls June 19. We have cabins 1133 and 1135 they are also CC. When are you all sailing? CC class is reasonably new to Century. I don't believe it starts until early May (At least that's what the website says). I have stayed on the Penthouse deck many times before and never had any problems with noise.

Toni

Toni,

Thanks for the info on the Penthouse deck. My wife and I are sailing on 9/11. This will be our second cruise-the first without kids. I had read here from some that the Penthouse deck was noisy at times because of the activity from above on the resort deck.

You are certainly brave to try a cruise with 4 teenage girls. Have a great time!!!

Eric

We were on the Century penthouse deck, cabin 1085 and never heard a sound.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92

Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93

Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95

Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99

Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01

Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03

Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

You're very welcome EJR. Last summer I took three teenage girls and they were very good. I went again in Novemeber by myself, first time I've ever done that, and I'll have to say I missed having the girls. Anyway, hopefully they will be as good this trip as they were the last. They know that this would be the last one if they weren't good and they've decided they like cruising every summer. As to the noise, maybe I've never noticed because I'm always sailing with kids and they are making enough noise themselves.:0) I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.. Enjoy your cruise..

Toni

hajekfam,

Thanks for the info. Since this is our 15th anniversary present to each other, my wife wanted to be sure we didn't have to listen to chairs banging and people above us all the time.

We just returned from back-to-back cruises on the Century and our Suite(1041) was under the Resort Deck(11) in the area where tables and chairs are and we did hear noise in early evening when the Crew were neating that area moving chairs. However this didn't last but a few moments.

Mercury 5/98 Galaxy 5/99 Millennium 9/2000 Galaxy 9/2002 Galaxy 4/2003 Century 4/2004 B2B Century 4/2004 Galaxy 4/2005

Archived