Help with selecting a cabin on The Spirit

karinad

I think I'm going to take the plunge and book The Spirit for Oct. 21 to Mexico. The last time we were on Carnival was 1987, The Carnivale. It was awful! We were booked for a 4day NE/Canada in 2009 on the Triumph, but that didn't happen due to the sudden death of our daughter 2 wks. before sailing. She was also going. Anyway......We have sailed other cruiselines since 1987: Princess, Celebrity, RCC, DCL, NCL. All great cruises. My question: 7A, Early Saver rate, choice of 5232,5235,5239,5182,5171,5167,5169,5151,5153. Is one better then the other, less obstructed, better location? Thanks! You guys know more then me!

I think I'm going to take the plunge and book The Spirit for Oct. 21 to Mexico. The last time we were on Carnival was 1987, The Carnivale. It was awful! We were booked for a 4day NE/Canada in 2009 on the Triumph, but that didn't happen due to the sudden death of our daughter 2 wks. before sailing. She was also going. Anyway......We have sailed other cruiselines since 1987: Princess, Celebrity, RCC, DCL, NCL. All great cruises. My question: 7A, Early Saver rate, choice of 5232,5235,5239,5182,5171,5167,5169,5151,5153. Is one better then the other, less obstructed, better location? Thanks! You guys know more then me!

Check out cruiselinerooms dot com and check all "spirit" class ships to locate pictures of these or similar rooms. Also check out cruisecheap dot com. If you open these in separate windows, and then shrink the size of each window so you can view all at the same time, you'll be able to check the deck plan, along with pictures taken by other cruisers. You can check pic's for all "Spirit" class ships: Spirit, Pride, Legend and Miracle. They all have the same layout, so pic's (other than decore) should be reflective of the cabins on the Spirit.

Have fun choosing, planning and enjoying your cruise !

Thanks! The links that you suggested are great. I didn't know about any of them.

It looks like a couple of the available obstructed 7A cabins available are in between the life boats. Are they better choices with better views?

Aren't any of the vista suites available. They are great rooms! The spirit is a great ship. We too have sailed the other cruise lines but really like carnival. We sailed the Mardi Gras in 87 and had a blast, but sure was different than the cruise ships now!! Hope you have a great time.

Aren't any of the vista suites available. They are great rooms! The spirit is a great ship. We too have sailed the other cruise lines but really like carnival. We sailed the Mardi Gras in 87 and had a blast, but sure was different than the cruise ships now!! Hope you have a great time.

Yes, I think the Mardi Gras was a sister. We had an inside cabin, no balconies back then. We knew nothing about cruising and the travel agent said, "it's your first cruise, u won't know any better!" It was horrible! We didn't cruise again until 2001 on the Celebrity Mllenium, and 2 wks before 9/11, and we were going to Europe. We did go, and we loved it and have been cruising once a yr. since!

Archived