Drink Package question

sarahc78

I read through the sticky and didnt see any info on this scenario.

DH and I both have the packages. I purchased the premium package and DH has the classic package.

I really would like to try each martini (not in the same night lol :p ) I have only tried a cosmo before. I normally just drink beer and jack&diet. If I order a martini that I dont like (doubt that will happen but you never know) would it be ok for DH to finish it or just ask the bartender to discard it and make a new drink?

Either will be fine. This is not the case of "trying to beat the system by having two people share a one-person package" -- but you'll find the staff and bartenders very up on what's in each drink and what you might like -- they can often even make "tasting" size drinks for situations such as these (not talking about the martini flights here).

One thing I understand from the Martini selections is that you can get regular or small sizes. When you are doing your tastings, order the small martinis until you find one(s) you like. Your DH can order the small sizes as well on his package, so no worries about having him down what you don't want! He may need help to the stateroom after depending on how many he has to finish for you... LOL :D

As long as he has purchased an alcohol package, I don't recall Celebrity having drink police inspecting what someone has for a cocktail. You will be fine.

Either will be fine. This is not the case of "trying to beat the system by having two people share a one-person package" -- but you'll find the staff and bartenders very up on what's in each drink and what you might like -- they can often even make "tasting" size drinks for situations such as these (not talking about the martini flights here).

One thing I understand from the Martini selections is that you can get regular or small sizes. When you are doing your tastings, order the small martinis until you find one(s) you like. Your DH can order the small sizes as well on his package, so no worries about having him down what you don't want! He may need help to the stateroom after depending on how many he has to finish for you... LOL :D

As long as he has purchased an alcohol package, I don't recall Celebrity having drink police inspecting what someone has for a cocktail. You will be fine.

Thanks! Ha Ha that is so funny he said that same thing last night when I mentioned that I wanted to try them all.

We live in the DC area so Martini's are pretty pricey over here, I usually just stick w/ beer or mixed cocktails to keep our tab low. I am going to love havign the freedom to try martini's, cocktails, liquers, and drinks I have never had before :D

FYI from my June 2010 Solstice cruise: One evening in the Martini Bar before dinner I ordered a Martini I didn't like and within a couple of minutes I told the waiter I didn't like it and wanted to order something else. He told me I had to wait around 10 minutes before I could order again with my preimum package. I said OK, put he never came back before we left for dinner to take my order again, we weren't to happy about it, but oh well.....so I just changed to wine at dinner!! :D

Archived