Very important Things to Pack?

Hotrocker2011

If you have a balcony, the lounge chair clips come in really handy to clip on wet swim suits or beach towels to the balcony chairs to dry. They dry extra-quick outside -vs- the bathroom. I found the chair-clips at Walmart in the pool/beach towel area last summer. They were around the $5 range for 2 to a pack.

A good paperback or two to read poolside or in the cabin. When I'm done I leave them behind in the ship's library.

A small package of antibacterial wet-wipes. To take on excursions etc...

A mini-sized glow in the dark alarm clock. It doubled as a night light. We found a 6" one at our Family Dollar for $5.

A small highlighter for the Fun Times. This came in really handy to mark the events that we wanted to see.

A pad of sticky notes and a pen.

***** For Our next cruise, one thing that I will be sure to pack it a pump bottle of antibacterial hand soap for the bathroom. The little scented hand soaps that the ship provides resulted in a sticky-gummy soap dish. Seems like a little thing but it will come in handy for us. ****************

So, I use a spreadsheet for just about everything vacation related - cruise budget/expenses, packing list, etc.

I've attached the spreadsheet I used last year for our cruise, and I just modify it for each trip we take based on the number of days and electronics that we want to take. Hope it helps :o

Mexico Packing List Sheet1 Sheet1.pdf

Toiletry Bag:travel documents: vitamins and vic'sCLEAR PENCIL POUCH WITH DOCS prescription meds, pain patchesPASSPORTS Seasick pillsIDrolaids, acid reducerRAISED SEAL BIRTH CERTS Pepto (tablet kind)CRUISE ITENERARY Imodium AD (pills)HOTEL RESERVATIONS Tylenol, Advil, Alleve ( kids and adults)MEDICAL CARDS benedryl, zyrtec, nasal spraySUNGLASSES *prepacked first aid kit*EMMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS bandaids CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PHONE NUMBERS neosprin luggage tags and tape ace bandage maps for sightseeing in ports alcohol swabsaddresses for postcards cotton balls, Q tipsSmall notebook for journal, pens and highlighter eye dropsHard manilla envelope for purchased photographs orajelThank you cards for tips lanyards for sign and sail cards Flat iron, blow dryerwalmart card for safe Brushes, pick combsnacks, m&m's, gum Makeup reading glassees jewelry and bag ALL IN BACKPACK Razors Toothbrush, paste, floss, threaders, wisk CLOTHES: chapstick frip frops and switch straps wet wipes, toilet wipes Underwear sunscreen and blue stuff Socks hair spray dress shoes and clutch purse Hand sanitizer Dress/fancy outfit for elegant nights dove soap and facial scrub Shawl, hoodie, or sweater Shampoo and conditioner Shorts Deodorants T shirtscologne, aftershave Tank tops lotion jeans hair thingies capri's retainer and case, brace wax belts baby powder hatsnightgowns, pj's camera and memory cards 3 swimsuits real mouthwashrain ponchos Lysterine bottle full of Bourbon extention cord / power strip* treat backpack as your purse and save room for souvenirs hair oil, gel* bright hankies for luggage for identifyingdryer sheets, tide*prepack daily outfits for kids in gallon ziplocks spare shoe strings when outfits are wet or dirty, return them to ziplock, no smell Travel size Woolite, fabreeze, wrinkle releaser* wear tennis shoes to board, less room in luggage Misc: Misc: Duct tapesewing kit Ziploc bags of all sizesnail kit and polish kitear plugs Insulated coffee mugs ( to make Crappe’s ) Air freshenersInsulated bag with drinks, ice. When empty, carries souvenirs Clothes pinsmagnet for balcony doorlint rollermagnet bottle openerOFF bug spraywire ties Hanging closet organizer Bungee cords (holds the balcony door open) Shower organizer Lysol and oxy-clean travel sprays folding hamper Small alarm clock Small phone case ( mini fannies ) cell phone chargers suction hooks 12 packs of Mt. Dew, diet coke

If you have a balcony, the lounge chair clips come in really handy to clip on wet swim suits or beach towels to the balcony chairs to dry. They dry extra-quick outside -vs- the bathroom. I found the chair-clips at Walmart in the pool/beach towel area last summer. They were around the $5 range for 2 to a pack.

A good paperback or two to read poolside or in the cabin. When I'm done I leave them behind in the ship's library.

A small package of antibacterial wet-wipes. To take on excursions etc...

A mini-sized glow in the dark alarm clock. It doubled as a night light. We found a 6" one at our Family Dollar for $5.

A small highlighter for the Fun Times. This came in really handy to mark the events that we wanted to see.

A pad of sticky notes and a pen.

***** For Our next cruise, one thing that I will be sure to pack it a pump bottle of antibacterial hand soap for the bathroom. The little scented hand soaps that the ship provides resulted in a sticky-gummy soap dish. Seems like a little thing but it will come in handy for us. ****************

Ooooo!!!! They are some really good ones. Glad I checked this post out:)

I thought I only needed duct tape, sandwich bags and an extension cord with 3 outlets.

Toiletry Bag:travel documents: vitamins and vic'sCLEAR PENCIL POUCH WITH DOCS prescription meds, pain patchesPASSPORTS Seasick pillsIDrolaids, acid reducerRAISED SEAL BIRTH CERTS Pepto (tablet kind)CRUISE ITENERARY Imodium AD (pills)HOTEL RESERVATIONS Tylenol, Advil, Alleve ( kids and adults)MEDICAL CARDS benedryl, zyrtec, nasal spraySUNGLASSES *prepacked first aid kit*EMMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS bandaids CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PHONE NUMBERS neosprin luggage tags and tape ace bandage maps for sightseeing in ports alcohol swabsaddresses for postcards cotton balls, Q tipsSmall notebook for journal, pens and highlighter eye dropsHard manilla envelope for purchased photographs orajelThank you cards for tips lanyards for sign and sail cards Flat iron, blow dryerwalmart card for safe Brushes, pick combsnacks, m&m's, gum Makeup reading glassees jewelry and bag ALL IN BACKPACK Razors Toothbrush, paste, floss, threaders, wisk CLOTHES: chapstick frip frops and switch straps wet wipes, toilet wipes Underwear sunscreen and blue stuff Socks hair spray dress shoes and clutch purse Hand sanitizer Dress/fancy outfit for elegant nights dove soap and facial scrub Shawl, hoodie, or sweater Shampoo and conditioner Shorts Deodorants T shirtscologne, aftershave Tank tops lotion jeans hair thingies capri's retainer and case, brace wax belts baby powder hatsnightgowns, pj's camera and memory cards 3 swimsuits real mouthwashrain ponchos Lysterine bottle full of Bourbon extention cord / power strip* treat backpack as your purse and save room for souvenirs hair oil, gel* bright hankies for luggage for identifyingdryer sheets, tide*prepack daily outfits for kids in gallon ziplocks spare shoe strings when outfits are wet or dirty, return them to ziplock, no smell Travel size Woolite, fabreeze, wrinkle releaser* wear tennis shoes to board, less room in luggageMisc:Misc: Duct tapesewing kit Ziploc bags of all sizesnail kit and polish kitear plugs Insulated coffee mugs ( to make Crappe’s ) Air freshenersInsulated bag with drinks, ice. When empty, carries souvenirs Clothes pinsmagnet for balcony doorlint rollermagnet bottle openerOFF bug spraywire ties Hanging closet organizer Bungee cords (holds the balcony door open) Shower organizer Lysol and oxy-clean travel sprays folding hamper Small alarm clock Small phone case ( mini fannies ) cell phone chargers suction hooks 12 packs of Mt. Dew, diet coke

I have CDO (OCD) as well and I wouldn't have been able to post this list without putting it in alphabetical order and in columns. (LOL)

I don't go anywhere without my Downey Wrinkle Releaser! I also take a little power strip - comes in handy for charging camera etc - as well as laptop. Also do take highlighters for the Fun Times.

And binoculars!

Snacks like peanuts, fruit snack packs and Hershey Kisses! Never knoew when you may have a little craving and it is very expensive on ship!

I am soooooo ready to pack!

I don't go anywhere without my Downey Wrinkle Releaser! I also take a little power strip - comes in handy for charging camera etc - as well as laptop. Also do take highlighters for the Fun Times.

And binoculars!

Snacks like peanuts, fruit snack packs and Hershey Kisses! Never knoew when you may have a little craving and it is very expensive on ship!

I am soooooo ready to pack!

I notice people mentioning the power strips. Just a word of caution. They have been confiscating these lately. We have always brought them too, but on our last cruise, in September, they went in our luggage and took it. It wasn't even a power strip, just a 6 foot extension cord. Fire hazard I guess.

I notice people mentioning the power strips. Just a word of caution. They have been confiscating these lately. We have always brought them too, but on our last cruise, in September, they went in our luggage and took it. It wasn't even a power strip, just a 6 foot extension cord. Fire hazard I guess.

Yea I thought I did hear that. I think Im going to plug my curling iron or hair dryer into the extension cord and wrap it around the entire iron or dryer and pack it that way. It might just get overlooked as the cord to it.

Thats it. Theyre just a drink? What is so special about a rumrunner that everyone drinks them? I thought it was some sort of smuggling device or something for all the people who smuggle alcohol. Cant you just buy rumrunners on the ship?

Oh that little link you sent. The first time I did it, it pulled up a Captain Morgan site that was drinks. When i went to show my husband it pulled up another site, that I did find out that they are also flasks. No one ever mentioned that. That is what I wanted to know.

Yea I thought I did hear that. I think Im going to plug my curling iron or hair dryer into the extension cord and wrap it around the entire iron or dryer and pack it that way. It might just get overlooked as the cord to it.

That is an excellent idea!

I also bring a travel alarm, as there are no clocks in the room. Ziploc bags, for wet swimsuits or anything else. Also one of those multi bag hangers (like you would put shoes in) to hang over the bathroom door to put extra toiletries, make-up, etc in.

Have a great time!!

We bought an over the door shoe thingy for our cruise on the Ecstasy. I couldn't make it work on the bathroom door....can't remember exactly, but am thinking the door wouldn't shut. Ended up hanging it on the closet door which worked, but not as well as I'd hoped. Maybe we're frugal packers, but we probably could have traveled without it and been ok.

One thing we really utilized was the pop-up hampers that we put in the closet for the dirty clothes. WONDERFUL!

Oh that little link you sent. The first time I did it, it pulled up a Captain Morgan site that was drinks. When i went to show my husband it pulled up another site, that I did find out that they are also flasks. No one ever mentioned that. That is what I wanted to know.

Sorry about the "let me google that for ya" link.. Saw that once and thought it was cute.

We bought an over the door shoe thingy for our cruise on the Ecstasy. I couldn't make it work on the bathroom door....can't remember exactly, but am thinking the door wouldn't shut. Ended up hanging it on the closet door which worked, but not as well as I'd hoped. Maybe we're frugal packers, but we probably could have traveled without it and been ok.

One thing we really utilized was the pop-up hampers that we put in the closet for the dirty clothes. WONDERFUL!

I agree. The over the door shoe organizer was great when we had 4 to a cabin but not for just the two of us. But I always bring one of those pop up hampers for the closet that folds up flat for the suitcase. On our last cruise, ours broke and I about died.

They may confiscate extension cords so I bring the outlet adapters only and never had a problem. I'll see if I can get a picture of it & post it.

Archived