Newbie here - info on disembarkment?

BekahGS

So sorry if this has been asked and answered before! We're sailing on Ecstasy out of Galveston next month. Can anyone tell what the disembarkment process is like and how long it takes?

Due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, our daughter's dance recital has been rescheduled to our return date. I'm sick to my stomach at the thought of missing it so we'll be on a very tight schedule for our return. The later flights don't get us home until well after recital has started.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on your upcoming sailing on the Ecstasy. She's one of my favorites.

I'd suggest you plan on doing 'self debark.' You'll be the among the first ones off the ship. You'll probably be clear of Customs by about 8:30 if there are no complications.

The downside is that you have to bring all of your luggage with you when you debark so pack light!

:)

Thank you so much!!! I called Carnival and the rep wasn't much help. :( She did mention self assist but said it would still take 2-2 1/2 hours to get on our way. That tight return is the only thing stopping me from being super stoked about the cruise!

Thank you so much!!! I called Carnival and the rep wasn't much help. :( She did mention self assist but said it would still take 2-2 1/2 hours to get on our way. That tight return is the only thing stopping me from being super stoked about the cruise!

The Ecstasy is always home around 7:15 to 7:30. Once they get customs to release the ship self debark goes pretty quick! It does depend on the deck you're on as well...

:)

We did VIP self disembarkation and we were not told to meet until 8 am .. and then they had to wait for all 300 or so of us to come down one deck in elevators. It was a zoo. I havent had very good luck getting off Ecstasy the last few times.

If you are off by 9 am consider yourself lucky.

Late january, they did not even start the VIPs disembarkation until about 8:30 am to go down the one deck. We meet in a lounge up on promenade deck all way aft. Until the whole group got down, they would not open the doors to the art gallery to start the line thru there, which took another hour.

Iv gotten off at 9:30 and after 10 am the last two times and Im platinum.

Archived