Family Cabin on Eclipse

cpinstein

Is it worth it? This past March I was on the Eclipse with my 2 adult daughters. We loved it so much that we rebooked with husband and grandkids. We decided to hold the family cabin and the double next to it. I didn't really get to see it, but with 575 square feet, it must be nice. However, I am concerned that it is all the way forward. And of course, it's a lot more money. And I'm sure that if the price drops, it won't include the family cabin, since there are only four of them.

The family cabin holds 5 people, and then we have a double, for me and my husband.

Has anyone done it and if so, did you like it?

Our alternative, since there are 7 of us, would be to get a triple and a quad.

Advice please.

I've had the family cabing with my wife and 3 kids. It is amazing. Huge cabin, biggest I've ever been in. (Can't afford the penthouse). Nice large bedroom and then another bedroom with bunk beds. Even though it was upfront, the motion didn't bother us. Get it if u can, when we brought our friends into it they were definitely jealous.

We have also stayed in this cabin (on Equinox). The way Celebrity have designed the inter-connecting doors means you can go between the cabins through a small hallway - very clever. If you go for this option you will have a lounge area that you can meet in, which you wouldn't have with a quad/triple. You also get the movies on demand that you get in the suites which is great with kids.

Depends how sensitive you are to movement - we were lucky and had very calm seas - as you will feel it a bit more. Also you won't have a balcony in the smaller cabin but the deck 8 balcony in the family cabin is a good size.

Depends on the cost difference but it is a good choice.

Thanks so much for the answers. We actually booked the double cabin on the other side of the family cabin. It has a balcony, but we do lose the little hallway. I am hoping that the balconies can connect. I guess we were lucky to get it since the family cabins always show sold out.

Archived