suite perk advice

I am fairly new to RCCL- we usually go on Disney but the new pricing on the Navigator was too good to pass up! :D Plus, my boys are getting older and I think Royal has a lot to offer.

Anyway, I booked a grand suite- mainly for the perk of having reserved seating at the pool. Am I crazy? Is it worth it? I really really hate trying to find a deck chair on sea days, and we have 3.

Thanks!!!

I am fairly new to RCCL- we usually go on Disney but the new pricing on the Navigator was too good to pass up! :D Plus, my boys are getting older and I think Royal has a lot to offer.

Anyway, I booked a grand suite- mainly for the perk of having reserved seating at the pool. Am I crazy? Is it worth it? I really really hate trying to find a deck chair on sea days, and we have 3.

Thanks!!!

It's worth it if you can afford it! :D

Have fun! I think you will be happy. We are Disney fans as well.

Thanks!!!

It's a really nice perk. You do not have to sign for towels, as they are already there on the chairs and a no hassle with the return issues. The area for suite guests is at the main pool area just above the pool and overlooking the band stand so you are in full view of all the action and entertainment. The upper pool bar is a few steps is right in this area. Certainly not the only reason to book a GS as there is also the Concierge lounge for cocktails and Hors d'oevres and courtesy bookings etc. etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a lot of perks available to suite guests that make it worthwhile. And if there is something you feel will add value to your vacation and you can afford the extra money for the suite, I say go for it.

We enjoyed the concierge lounge at night and the services of the concierge for on board bookings. We also enjoyed the complimentary luggage valet service as we didn't have to carry our luggage around after we got off the ship.

Here is the listing of the suite benefits from the RCI website (does not include junior suites):

*Priority check-in

*Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

*Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

*Priority tender tickets on select cruises.

*VIP pool deck seating, where available

*Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

*Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

*Mattel board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

*Complimentary luggage valet servicecon_bulletgray_ico.gifLuxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

*Complimentary pressing service on formal night

*Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Have a great vacation.

Don't get too excited by the seats by the pool - firstly the staff do not always monitor them and non-suite guests use them.

A suite will give you more room, and a free bar in the evenings - but in reality little else.

It is certainly not as good as a suite on Disney.

However if the price is right go for it, simply for the increased space.

Here is the listing of the suite benefits from the RCI website (does not include junior suites):

So what perks does a JS get, apart from the size and double points?

A tub instead of just a shower stall

In room coffee & tea service (kettle & single cup coffee maker)

Priority check in

Silver Seapass Card

Depending on the ship & or cabin you will have a walk in closet...so far I haven't hit the jackpot on that yet...:D

Archived