Price Drop After Final Payment

We have an E2 balcony booked on the Voyage for this June. I went on line and noticed that I can get either a D2 or a D1 for less money. I have made my final payment. What is the policy for a price drop after final payment? Since this would be an "up grade" would I be able to take advantage of this price drop? I can not remember what Royal's policy is on this? Thanks for your help.

We have an E2 balcony booked on the Voyage for this June. I went on line and noticed that I can get either a D2 or a D1 for less money. I have made my final payment. What is the policy for a price drop after final payment? Since this would be an "up grade" would I be able to take advantage of this price drop? I can not remember what Royal's policy is on this? Thanks for your help.

If a higher cabin category is priced lower than what you paid for your cabin, then yes, you can call and request an upgrade after final payment.

If a higher cabin category is priced lower than what you paid for your cabin, then yes, you can call and request an upgrade after final payment.

Thank you. I thought that might be the answer. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow.

Thank you. I thought that might be the answer. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow.

In the case of a price drop, I wouldn't wait until tomorrow to contact them unless you have to...prices can change any time.

If you booked directly with RCI, you can contact them any time 24/7 at (866) 562-7625.

If you booked through a TA then maybe take a screen shot of the page showing the reduced prices to give to your TA in the morning in case the prices change overnight.

In the case of a price drop, I wouldn't wait until tomorrow to contact them unless you have to...prices can change any time.

If you booked directly with RCI, you can contact them any time 24/7 at (866) 562-7625.

If you booked through a TA then maybe take a screen shot of the page showing the reduced prices to give to your TA in the morning in case the prices change overnight.

I did book through a TA and sent her an e-mail as soon as I saw the price drop since they were closed. She did contact me last night and was going to do it first thing this morning. Fortunately I did check this morning and the prices are still there. Never thought about doing a screen shot of the page. I definately will remember this for the future.

Kathy

Maybe this will work for an upgrade, but I tried to get the lower price after a price drop after final payment, and was told the new price was for new bookings only.

This happened to me too. You can fight it and get them to give it to you though :-) Just takes perseverance.

This happened to us just this week. We are scheduled on the 6/16/11 EOS and have a M category but after final payment a K category was $150.00 cheaper. We did not ask for any money back just wanted to be moved up to a K since it was better location and 10 more square feet for a family of three. Was told it only applied to new bookings only. TA called and I called three times to get three different people and was told the same thing. Regardless still going to be a good cruise though.

This happened to us just this week. We are scheduled on the 6/16/11 EOS and have a M category but after final payment a K category was $150.00 cheaper. We did not ask for any money back just wanted to be moved up to a K since it was better location and 10 more square feet for a family of three. Was told it only applied to new bookings only. TA called and I called three times to get three different people and was told the same thing. Regardless still going to be a good cruise though.

Most likely you saw the lower price on a Tuesday, which is their sales events and they are for new bookings only and they are strict.

Actually if I remember correctly we saw the price drop last Saturday and Sunday. Price was same both days and then jumped back up on Monday. TA called Sunday and I followed up on Monday about the category and that is when they told me for new bookings only. You can't see the "new booking" fine print when you are checking prices on web. Regardless we took it with a grain of salt and just consider ourselves lucky enough to even go on a cruise.

Well from what I have been reading I got lucky. We had booked an E2 balcony back in June of 2010. The D1 and D2 balconies are now marked "hot deal". My TA called Royal yesterday. They did up grade us to a catagory D2. It was less than the E2 price that we paid. They told her we could up grade no problem, but would not receive any credit back. That was fine with us, since we are getting a litte bigger room and a bigger balcony. Not to mention when we booked our original cabin in June, the D2 obviously was more expensive than our E2.

So we are happy.:D

Well from what I have been reading I got lucky. We had booked an E2 balcony back in June of 2010. The D1 and D2 balconies are now marked "hot deal". My TA called Royal yesterday. They did up grade us to a catagory D2. It was less than the E2 price that we paid. They told her we could up grade no problem, but would not receive any credit back. That was fine with us, since we are getting a litte bigger room and a bigger balcony. Not to mention when we booked our original cabin in June, the D2 obviously was more expensive than our E2.

So we are happy.:D

This is what I thought would happen. You can only get upgraded for the SAME or MORE cost after final payment. They will give you a better cabin for the same price you paid, even if the price is cheaper. Bottom line is no money back after final.

Glad you got a better cabin!

I did book through a TA and sent her an e-mail as soon as I saw the price drop since they were closed. She did contact me last night and was going to do it first thing this morning. Fortunately I did check this morning and the prices are still there. Never thought about doing a screen shot of the page. I definately will remember this for the future.

Kathy

A screenshot may be helpful in showing the price you saw, but it won't guarantee you the new price. At least in my experience, if the rep can't pull it up, you can't get it, no matter what proof you have.

Archived