Freedom OTS - A Post-Dry Dock Review w/ Pictures

Thanks! Also heard that the dress code in teh MDR has changed a lot. Could you tell me how people were dressed? Can kids wear nice shorts with a polo on Casual nights? We women in Formals...etc?

We saw a few kids in shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops. So with the possible exception of formal nights, they'll probably let you in wearing just about anything. I know the opinions vary wildly on MDR attire, but I think your kids would be fine in the nice shorts and polos you mentioned.

We always duck out of formal nights and hit up the specialty restaurants on those nights, since they're listed as "smart casual," and neither of us have any interest in getting dressed up beyond that while on vacation.

We saw a few kids in shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops. So with the possible exception of formal nights, they'll probably let you in wearing just about anything. I know the opinions vary wildly on MDR attire, but I think your kids would be fine in the nice shorts and polos you mentioned.

We always duck out of formal nights and hit up the specialty restaurants on those nights, since they're listed as "smart casual," and neither of us have any interest in getting dressed up beyond that while on vacation.

Strangely enough husband got turned back for breakfast in MDR one morning for having sleeveless t shirt on........ Very strange when most of the women (including me!) had vest t shirts and some had on tiny beach dresses with bikini tops under??? Weird!?

• 3 weeks later...

Great post about the dry-dock additions. I sailed on the Freedom last month as well 4/17 - 4/24. I thought all of the additions were great. I really liked the digital boards everywhere. I also got some great shots of the video screen as well. Below are the shots 2 of them showing a movie and the last one when they used the screen during the belly flop compitition.

100_1426.jpg

100_1423.jpg

100_1701.jpg

We sail with our son June 12th and we actually picked this sailing because of the DreamWorks events. So we shall see. However, I wasn't aware they had taken Freedom into dry dock so this should be good. Thanks again for your insight! Not sure if anyone has yet to be to Falmouth but for some reason no one seems to be posting their experiences at least from what I can find. Some insight and opinions on that would be nice. We did Ocho Rios in 09 but I heard Falmouth is different.

We were in Falmouth in March on the Voyager and will be back on the June 12th Freedom of the Seas. My daughter and I did the Chukka Beach Break and loved it! It started with a brief tour of Falmouth, then on to a beautiful beach were we spent about 2 1/2 hours. An authentic jerk chicken lunch was included. The facility was nice with clean bathrooms, dressing rooms and a shower. A great day and we will be taking the same excursion in June.

Thanks for the great review! We are booked for late Oct and since I have kids we are looking forward to the Dreamwork's additions. I'm glad to hear it is not overwhelmingly in your face though, it sounds like they may have set it up so that it is just enough for those who want it and out of the way for those who don't care to see the Dreamwork's stuff on their cruise. Kudos to them!

Archived