Carnival Dream: best interior cabins on main/riviera decks for light sleeper?

mikeerdas

My wife and I are light sleepers. And we usually book interior cabins. Typically the least expensive class of cabin aside from "Guaranteed." We like to choose specific cabins. So this seems to put us on either the riviera or main deck.

Can anyone recommend any particular cabins / cabin areas on these decks that are quiet? Or areas to avoid? We prefer mid-ship or aft cabins.

I don't know the layout of the ship and want to be sure we don't have a gym or disco above us or be near any noisy areas on any side. I did see some "white space" areas and didn't know what those were (stairways, crew areas, etc). I want to "choose wisely" before I commit to an ES rate with a non-refundable deposit.

Also, I mean the traditional inside cabins with two twins beds that combine into a King. Not the "upper/lower" ones. I had to look twice when I saw the lowest cabin rates--and it for the bunk bed "upper/lower" configuration.

first bring up the deck plans for the ship and look around. pick a deck inbetween cabins. i have had cabins that have the empty space ( i dont know what it is used for but no noise comes out of it that i can remember ) ahead and behind it and away from the elevator and always have had a quiet cabin. if there is any noise it will be from other passengers. and that might happen on any deck. i hope you come up with a great cabin and have a wonderful cruise.

first bring up the deck plans for the ship and look around. pick a deck inbetween cabins. i have had cabins that have the empty space ( i dont know what it is used for but no noise comes out of it that i can remember ) ahead and behind it and away from the elevator and always have had a quiet cabin. if there is any noise it will be from other passengers. and that might happen on any deck. i hope you come up with a great cabin and have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks Dusty.

I'd recommend midships pretty much anywhere and the main deck. The galley is above you there and I've never heard a peep from that area. Much farther aft and a deck lower and you'll be contending with noise from the thrusters when the ship maneuvers approaching a port and docking...

:)

I'd recommend midships pretty much anywhere and the main deck. The galley is above you there and I've never heard a peep from that area. Much farther aft and a deck lower and you'll be contending with noise from the thrusters when the ship maneuvers approaching a port and docking...

:)

Thanks Firefly, Mach, and Dusty. Aft noise during docking wouldn't bother me a bit. I'm up very early anyway. As long as the ship isn't docking before 4:30am most days, shouldn't be a problem.

I'm a little confused by the deck plan on the Riviera. There are no "legend symbols" for the interior cabins. I want to be sure my wife and I get a cabin that has two twins that can combine into a King. Aside from the upper/lower ones, do all the interiors have this? The symbols only seem used for outer cabins.

Wish there was a SeatGuru.com web site for cruise ships to list weird little outlier cabins that a person might not want.

Once I book an ES with non-refundable deposit, would it be a problem if I called Carnival and booked a different cabin in the same class? (if I discovered my particular cabin location wasn't really what I wanted)

Going to book in the next hour, so wanted to see what my options were.

Is there any way to "trick" Carnival's, or other providers', web sites into showing more cabin options in the same class? For example, yesterday, when I did a mock booking in Carnival, although the class said "Main or Riviera" it only showed me one deck. Is there a "next deck" button I missed?

Is there any way to "trick" Carnival's, or other providers', web sites into showing more cabin options in the same class? For example, yesterday, when I did a mock booking in Carnival, although the class said "Main or Riviera" it only showed me one deck. Is there a "next deck" button I missed?

You must be looking at a 4B. 4A is ONLY on Riveria, fore and aft.

4B is mid ship riveria and fore and aft on Main. etc. on up.

Call and they can give you the cabins, just have your deck plans up.

the only place as I mentioned to you on the other thread to avoid is directly below the kitchen on Main. all the way fore or aft you will get noises and vibrations. .. but by the aft elevator, the cheapest cabin, is just fine, if its not below the kitchen. I like by the aft elevator. Very convenient. it comes up in the middle of the buffet up on lido.

PS I see Mach says he never heard a peep from the galley, but Iv read tons of complaints. I would avoid it myself.

Archived