Help - Tempted by Tuesday Special on Solstice Med Cruise

John73

Was looking at the upcoming Tuesday Specials and noticed a pretty tempting Jun 7th 12 night cruise on Solstice in the Med. Although travelling solo, the single supplement is only 150% and not that bad ($1798.50 total). Looks like a hump cabin is still available too. I have checked airfare on my preferred carrier where I may be able to get an upgrade to Business class and it's a total of $1563 from Seattle to Barcelona with 1 day extra on each end. So, grand total of $3361 for a 12 night Mediterranean cruise to some locations that seem pretty interesting to me. Only problem is that when I put the cruise on hold via Celebrity's website to check out the excursions I'm not able to see any. What are the options for excursions on this itinerary? Is it really enough time in each port to get to explore a bit and see the cities/locations? Any good reason to not do the trip? At only ~$1000 more than a Western Caribbean itinerary it seems like a great way to get to see more of the Med and enjoy a cruise on Solstice. Kinda short notice but I think I can swing it at work. Open to all thoughts and input. Thanks in advance!

It's a great deal for a balcony cabin, particularly with only 150% singel supplement. It's the sort of deal I am looking for but not at this time.

I can't comment on the shore excursions, but you might want to check the Roll Call for the cruise to see what other people are talking about and organising.

Go for it!

We're booked on that sailing. Celebrity is offering excursions in all the ports plus there are CC members organizing tours in all the major ports. The Celebrity excursion book is 90+ pages.

Stop by our roll call to get a feeling for what's planned. If you're by yourself, there are a few tours (including the one I'm organizing to Florence) that have space for one more...

Archived