Celebration Eastern Treasures Cruise For Suekay

Hi Sue,

Just in case you don't check back on the other thread here's the itinerary.

Day 1 Limassol,

2 at sea, 3 Alexandria, 4 Port Said, 5 and 6 Haifa, 7 at sea, 8 Aghios Nikolaios,

9 Athens 10 Mykonos, 11 Kusadasi, 12 Rhodes, 13 Marmaris

So if I've got my dates right it's Port Said today

Berwyn

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Sue,

Just in case you don't check back on the other thread here's the itinerary.

Day 1 Limassol,

2 at sea, 3 Alexandria, 4 Port Said, 5 and 6 Haifa, 7 at sea, 8 Aghios Nikolaios,

9 Athens 10 Mykonos, 11 Kusadasi, 12 Rhodes, 13 Marmaris

So if I've got my dates right it's Port Said today

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn, just back and had a great time! Well, that was the itinerary but it did change a bit (what is it about Thomson at the moment and port changes?) but fortunately it didn't make a lot of difference.

We had two days in Haifa instead of going to Ashdod as well. It did mean that the trips to Jerusalem were longer than if we'd moved down the coast to Ashdod. The explanation had something to do with the Easter public holidys but I'm not sure I followed it as it was the same holiday in Haifa and Ashdod - but there we go! As the excursion to Jerusalem was very long and the next day was the Pyramids also a long trip (futher than if you tackle it from the Red Sea) it did make for a couple of very tiring days.

Thankfully the pace then dropped as we were able to do our own thing or have short half day excursions at the other ports. It was a really varied itinerary and the weather in all ports was either hot and sunny or warm and a bit overcast with the exception of Athens and Mykonos when it was very wet!!!!!!!!!!! It didn't stop us getting off and exploring (I'm not going to waste a day in port!) but we were rather wet by the time we got back - especially in Mykonos - we were drenched!!! I've never seen so many Thomson ponchos and even one family wearing green big bags with a hole for their faces to peep out! You had to smile! At least we'll always remember it!

Another very memorable and enjoyable trip. ;)

Hi Berwyn, just back and had a great time! Well, that was the itinerary but it did change a bit (what is it about Thomson at the moment and port changes?) but fortunately it didn't make a lot of difference.

We had two days in Haifa instead of going to Ashdod as well. It did mean that the trips to Jerusalem were longer than if we'd moved down the coast to Ashdod. The explanation had something to do with the Easter public holidys but I'm not sure I followed it as it was the same holiday in Haifa and Ashdod - but there we go! As the excursion to Jerusalem was very long and the next day was the Pyramids also a long trip (futher than if you tackle it from the Red Sea) it did make for a couple of very tiring days.

Thankfully the pace then dropped as we were able to do our own thing or have short half day excursions at the other ports. It was a really varied itinerary and the weather in all ports was either hot and sunny or warm and a bit overcast with the exception of Athens and Mykonos when it was very wet!!!!!!!!!!! It didn't stop us getting off and exploring (I'm not going to waste a day in port!) but we were rather wet by the time we got back - especially in Mykonos - we were drenched!!! I've never seen so many Thomson ponchos and even one family wearing green big bags with a hole for their faces to peep out! You had to smile! At least we'll always remember it!

Another very memorable and enjoyable trip. ;)

Hi Kruzseeka,

Welcome back, that went quickly. Sounds like you had a great time though very tiring with the long excursions.

It seems odd hearing about rain in Mykonos after our time there in June 2009 it was baking hot. The weather is crazy though, while you've been away it's been hot, dry and sunny here. We've not seen any rain for ages.

Berwyn

Hi Kruzseeka,

Welcome back, that went quickly. Sounds like you had a great time though very tiring with the long excursions.

It seems odd hearing about rain in Mykonos after our time there in June 2009 it was baking hot. The weather is crazy though, while you've been away it's been hot, dry and sunny here. We've not seen any rain for ages.

Berwyn

Yes our son texted us to say it was 30 degrees one day (when it was pouring!) went down like a lead balloon! :D:D:D We've had fab weather here before we went and whilst we were away - only hope it's not our summer like last year when the families with children were on holiday and it was foul most of August.

Yes our son texted us to say it was 30 degrees one day (when it was pouring!) went down like a lead balloon! :D:D:D We've had fab weather here before we went and whilst we were away - only hope it's not our summer like last year when the families with children were on holiday and it was foul most of August.

LOL we never quite got that high up here in N. Wales, but here on the coast we always had this cool breeze off the sea. It was great in the sun in a sheltered spot but you needed a light jacket going down the prom.

It's hard to imagine we'll be out there ourselves going down the Adriatic and across the Aegean in just over a month.

Berwyn

Archived