Going from St. Georges to Hamilton #10 or#11?

Bell Ringer

The first thing I want to do in Hamilton is go to Ft. Hamilton, which we have never done in 4 other visits. Don't ask me why.....Will either #10 or #11 pass by Ft. Hamilton on the way in town? Where should we get off, or should we just go to the Terminal? Right now, I can't find my map of Hamilton.

Either bus will work. There's a bus stop at King Street where you can get off. Cross Front St. to King and walk up til you get to Happy Valley Road and entrance to the Fort. Maybe a 10 minute or so walk. You will be backtracking by going the whole way to the terminal.

iheartbda wrote: .... Cross Front St. to King and walk up til you get to Happy Valley Road....

IIRC, a route #10 or #11 bus does come close to Front St for there to be any need to cross it. I thought those buses left Hamilton via Cedar Ave/Burnaby St.

My answer to the OP's question would be to ride the bus to the terminal. If you exit left from the terminal, take a left onto Church St and walk to King St and make a left onto King. OR, if you exit right from the terminal, take a right onto Victoria St and walk to King St and make a left onto King. For either - walk up King until you get to Happy Valley Road.....

SBtS

Either bus will work. There's a bus stop at King Street where you can get off. Cross Front St. to King and walk up til you get to Happy Valley Road and entrance to the Fort. Maybe a 10 minute or so walk. You will be backtracking by going the whole way to the terminal.

I knew one of you regulars would come through for me...I always can trust your experience, iheartbda!

iheartbda wrote: .... Cross Front St. to King and walk up til you get to Happy Valley Road....

IIRC, a route #10 or #11 bus does come close to Front St for there to be any need to cross it. I thought those buses left Hamilton via Cedar Ave/Burnaby St.

SBtS

Oh crud, I was thinking about coming in by way of the #1 or #3 even though she asked about the #10 and 11.:o Sorry Bell Ringer.

After you gave me your directions, I went to Google Earth....and noticed that you were giving directions for coming in from the south. So here I am back on the thread asking another question....

With the reference to getting off at the terminal, ( which I hoped I could avoid due to distance, ) #10 and 11 come in to town from the north and must not come near the Ft. Is that right? So, the walk from the terminal is my way to get to Happy Valley Rd. Maybe that is why we didn't go on the other trips LOL, but this time I am trying to get to places and events we haven't seen.

And yes, I do overplan. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Sailbad- Yes now I think I have it with your explanation. Thanks!

You are correct, the #10 and #11 bus do not come close to the fort.

If you look at Google maps for Hamilton, you will see that if you exit the terminal right to Victoria St and take a right onto Victoria, when you reach King St, you will be almost opposite Happy Valley Road.

SBtS

Sounds logical to me. Sailbad, thanks. I think we have the first day solved. That's progress for me! Hartley Helmet Dive is day#2. I don't know how tired I will be after that, so am not planning anything special for later that day unless we go to the beach.

My dreaming after looking at the calendar sounds pretty neat...1 month from yesterday, we will head to Bermuda, 1 year from yesterday heading to Hawaii! It sounds good to me.

Bell Ringer, we walked to a bus stop on Church St. which is in front of the pink church, took the bus from there and got off at King St. On a map the distance doesn't look that far but we had been walking quite a bit and needed a break.

We really enjoyed Ft. Hamilton and it had been on our to do list for quite awhile. We were practically the only ones there.

Mediana asked: ....I want to take #10 or 11 to BAMZ from St George. Where can I find the bus stops?....

The bus stop is located on Duke of York St. If you are in King's Square at waters edge, stand with your back to the water and start walking away from the water. The first street you pass on your left is Water St. The next street you come to is Duke of York St, also called Mullet Bay Rd on Google maps.

Take a left on Duke of York St and start walking, you'll pass St Peter's Church on your right; you'll next pass the police station on your left. The bus stop is located maybe 4 buildings past the police station. I remember a little sitting area and small store there.

SBtS

Archived