Carnival Customer Service...

tytan

After lurking on these boards for a few years there seems to be a lot of negative posts regarding Carnivals customer service. I always read these posts thinking all people seem to report is the negative and not the postive and take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt.

After we disembarked from the Spirit on April 1st I could not find our second set of car keys, since we had driven from Canada I had two sets of keys with us just in case a set got lost or locked in the car. After we got home I searched all of the small suit case pockets and still no keys, no big deal it's only a set of car keys, no other keys just the car keys.

This afternoon Bob from Carnival lost and found called to confirm my address and advise me that I had left the keys in the room safe and they will be mailed to my home address, no charge. I know it's only a small thing but I'm impressed, thanks Carnival :)

I have had only positive as well. My early saver rate reduction was denied, so I called and got a very helpful lady and 30 minutes later a four deck upgrade. I think it all depends on how you ask or act in asking for assistance from them.

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know.

So often people come here to complain about Carnival Customer Service after they've attempted to accomplish something that was simply impossible or a violation of Carnival's rules. It's great to hear that without request they went the extra mile for you...

:)

... I think it all depends on how you ask or act in asking for assistance from them.

...that is so "true" . I've seen so many go to the CS desk with fire and rage, no wonder they get no results.

We did a B2B on Dream 4/2-4/16. The first week we had problems with MTD. The first night we had a wait team that was wonderful, Corina & Floriza. We requested them for every night. We asked if we came about 7 or so would we be able to get them. We were told that we might have a few minutes wait, but that that was a good time. So we showed up then and waited almost an hour.

I asked the Maitre D' what time is the best time to come to not have to wait that long. He said come about 6 and then you should be fine. We did that and were told that since the dining starts at 5:45, they couldn't hold a table for 15 minutes. It was the same thing nightly.

I went to customer service on Thursday to ask if there was anyway we could be changed to early dining for the next week. I don't like early dining, but one of the two others traveling with us can't wait to eat until 8:30 as she has diabetes. Jardmila at the customer service desk said she was going to send an email to the Maitre D' (not the one for MTD dining) to see what he could do.

Later that day, there was a message on our phone that it was arranged and that starting Saturday we would be dining at 6 in the Scarlett dining room. The following week I again went to customer service to ask about our Sail & Sign account as we had a great deal of OBC and what was showing on TV was incorrect.

Jardmila recognized me and asked how dinner was going in the MDR. I think that she is a definite asset to Carnival and probably the best customer service person I have ever dealt with. No complaints about customer service here.

Archived