POA Rooms

lv2bgoofy

I am not going on my cruise until 4/30/11, but have done a lot of research.

Room 10046 is on the starboard side of the ship, which is supposed to see the lava flow; however, I have been reading that since the Japanese earthquake and the subsequent tsunami in Hawaii, the lava is not flowing in that area for now. Maybe it will begin again by the time you go on your cruise next year, but there is no guarantee when dealing with Mother Nature.

Room 9702 is an aft balcony, which has a larger balcony area, and everyone seems to rave about these rooms.

I have 3 balcony rooms on the port side (10590, 10592 and 10594). Port side is supposed to be better for the Napali coast sailby, although I don't really think I will be hanging around in the room at that time. My group will probably be somewhere around the Waikiki bar to view it. I picked these 3 rooms because there is really nothing above them that will create a lot of noise. But the real reason is because they are right by the stairs and elevators and I don't want to have to walk down a long corridor searching for my room after enjoying a couple of drinks. LOL!

Just a little tidbit, my rooms showed up on the website as not being available, but when I called I was able to get them.

We are right now booked in room 10046 on the POA for a 2/18/12 sail date...but I am looking at changing the room to 9702 instead....can anyone give me some feedback on good or bad on either room?

Thanks so much!

We have always booked aft cabins on all our cruises. We were in 9702 in October and have it booked again for 1/2012.

We book rooms like 9702 verses 9700 because there is no connecting door to the next cabin, which can be a problem if the suite in this case 9698 which is a 2 bedroom suite tends to always have at least 4 people or two couples which leads to more partying which means more noise.

We have had a connecting cabin once before and had to duck tape the entire door in order to keep the smoke from coming through as the couple on the otherside were both smokers and a towel at the bottom just wasn't enough.

You will also be able to see the volcano (if active) from the cabin as well as the Napaili Coast.

Thanks so much phillygirl and loveoverboard....I have put in a room request with our TA so hopefully we will have that room by end of day tomorrow. Appreciate everything that you guys contributed to my question......I'm so excited to go....almost wishing I was leaving next Saturday like you are phillygirl!

Archived