Transfers to and from the hotel

sailaway5

We recently returned from the Azamara Hongkong to Singapore March 29th sailing. Everything about the ship and shore excursions was fabulous.

We had also booked both precruise hotel in HongKong and postcruise hotel in Singapore thru Azamara. We did not use their airlines.

When we arrived in HongKong after our 18 hour flight, we were surprised to see that transfers to our hotel from the airport were not included. We were offered a choice from the Langham Hotel desk of a shuttle bus ($30) and we would have to wait awhile ---- or a private taxi at about $100. We were tired and wanted to get settled in so opted for the private taxi. It also happened at our Singapore Hotel post cruise when checking out to go to the airport, but we were prepared for that.

We did, however, have transfers from the hotel to the ship, both pre and post. We have been on many cruises, and have used the cruise ship hotels and were always picked up or provided transportation to/from the hotels.

We were just surprised. We did bring it up at our Cruise Critic Meeting from our roll-call on the ship and the Hotel Director made good note of it. He mentioned he had heard of that concern before.

This is just a "heads up" for any of you that may have reserved your hotels and are expecting transfers. Be sure to review your documents carefully before you leave home.

Otherwise - the ship itself is a jewel. We will travel on it again.

Happy Sailing....

We recently returned from the Azamara Hongkong to Singapore March 29th sailing. Everything about the ship and shore excursions was fabulous.

We had also booked both precruise hotel in HongKong and postcruise hotel in Singapore thru Azamara. We did not use their airlines.

When we arrived in HongKong after our 18 hour flight, we were surprised to see that transfers to our hotel from the airport were not included. We were offered a choice from the Langham Hotel desk of a shuttle bus ($30) and we would have to wait awhile ---- or a private taxi at about $100. We were tired and wanted to get settled in so opted for the private taxi. It also happened at our Singapore Hotel post cruise when checking out to go to the airport, but we were prepared for that.

We did, however, have transfers from the hotel to the ship, both pre and post. We have been on many cruises, and have used the cruise ship hotels and were always picked up or provided transportation to/from the hotels.

We were just surprised. We did bring it up at our Cruise Critic Meeting from our roll-call on the ship and the Hotel Director made good note of it. He mentioned he had heard of that concern before.

This is just a "heads up" for any of you that may have reserved your hotels and are expecting transfers. Be sure to review your documents carefully before you leave home.

Otherwise - the ship itself is a jewel. We will travel on it again.

Happy Sailing....

This is very interesting. The wording below comes from Azamara's web site.

"Pre and Post Packages

With a Pre- or Post-Hotel Package, you can extend your vacation with a delightful stay and explore even more of the enchanting ports we call on. It's also the perfect way to decompress before or after your voyage. One more advantage to a Pre- or Post-Hotel Package is you won't have worry about travel delays prior to, or following your cruise.

Spend one, two or three nights exploring your departure or arrival port and you can simply relax, unwind and be on your own time. Packages include hotel accommodations, porterage and transfers."

I would certainly have expected transfers from the airport to hotel, hotel to pier, pier to hotel and finally hotel to airport.

But then again, this is Azamara - so why should this be any different than all their other shore side difficulties.

"Pre and Post Packages

With a Pre- or Post-Hotel Package, you can extend your vacation with a delightful stay and explore even more of the enchanting ports we call on. It's also the perfect way to decompress before or after your voyage. One more advantage to a Pre- or Post-Hotel Package is you won't have worry about travel delays prior to, or following your cruise.

Spend one, two or three nights exploring your departure or arrival port and you can simply relax, unwind and be on your own time. Packages include hotel accommodations, porterage and transfers."

I would certainly have expected transfers from the airport to hotel, hotel to pier, pier to hotel and finally hotel to airport.

But then again, this is Azamara - so why should this be any different than all their other shore side difficulties.

If I paid for a hotel that included transfers, I would have only expected transfers to mean from the hotel to the ship and the ship to the hotel. I would not have expected transfers from or to the airport if I did not have cruise air, or did not pay for the transfers from the airport.

But, once again, the language on the website should be more clear, and Azamara needs a new copywriter.

Happy Sailing....

We did not book through the ship but had a complimentary stay at The Langham Hotel. We did use the hotels transfers and did not wait very long. If I recall they had complimentary water while we waited.

"Pre and Post Packages

Thank you for providing this information. I will follow up with my TA and she can further check into it. I did assume it would be taken care of as all of our other cruises with pre/post packages provided that service from/to the airport. Thanks again for the info.

Thank you for providing this information. I will follow up with my TA and she can further check into it. I did assume it would be taken care of as all of our other cruises with pre/post packages provided that service from/to the airport. Thanks again for the info.

For comparison, which cruise lines include all four transfers when you only book a hotel stay?

I agree that the wording on the Azamara website is not really clear.

Also, if anyone has stayed at The Langham Hotel in Hong Kong you know that the transfer from the airport would be more valuable. If you have no motility issues and luggage on wheels, the cruise terminal is across the Street. We are in good shape, only travel with one piece of 27" luggage each (besides carry-on backpack, camera bag, etc) and walked, although we did have to cross a busy street.

Did you book your flights through ACC? If you booked flights and hotel then all the transfers are included.

If you booked your own flights and their hotel, then no, the transfers from the airport to the hotel, are not included. The transfers from the hotel to the ship are included.

If post cruise then the transfers from the ship to their hotel are included, but the transfers from the hotel back to the airport are not included.

This is standard practice with RCI bookings. I would not expect ACC to be different.

Per Azamara web site

Transfer Program

When purchasing air transportation through Azamara Club Cruises (an "Air/Sea Package"), the ground transportation between the airport and the ship is included. When you purchase a hotel package with your cruise and air, your transportation is included between the airport, hotel and ship.

More detail here

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plancruise/transportation/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=transfers

• 3 weeks later...
Per Azamara web site

Transfer Program

When purchasing air transportation through Azamara Club Cruises (an "Air/Sea Package"), the ground transportation between the airport and the ship is included. When you purchase a hotel package with your cruise and air, your transportation is included between the airport, hotel and ship.

More detail here

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plancruise/transportation/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=transfers

Thank you all for your comments. My TA is checking into it with Azamara and I have not heard back yet.

Per Azamara web site

Transfer Program

More detail here

Exactly! As the OP did not buy their flights through ACC then the transfers from airport to hotel are not included.

Archived