Club O2

moeferg

Just wondering, I have a 15 year old and an 18 year old that will be cruising with us. I have looked at some of the schedules for the Club O2 and though maybe my son (15) may not go by himself, but if my daughter (18) went, he may go. Would they be OK with an 18 year old participating at the club?

From Carnival...

Age Policy

Carnival’s policy is to group children together according to their age. Our Youth Program age policies are in place so that we can provide participants with age appropriate activities and so they can mingle with other minors of similar age. The age is determined according to the child’s birth date which is provided from documentation received at embarkation.

A child cannot be moved to another age group as it is a strict policy set by Carnival and cannot be deviated from, regardless of the situation, such as moving into a camp of different age range so the child can be with a family member. There are many times that the different age groups are together so that those families with children in separate groups can be accommodated. Children who have birthdays within the cruise are the only ones permitted to be moved up to the next age group.

Carnival reserves the right to change the groups' age limits and to deny admission to a child for unruly behavior and/or the child's or guardian's violation of a Carnival or Youth Programs policy. Children under 2 years are not allowed to participate in the regular Camp Carnival Program. There are no exceptions to this rule.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/Camp_Carnival.html

We sailed on the Glory in December. They allowed the 18-year old travelling in our group to join Club 02, she was asked to show her high school ID though. I had a 15 year old, a 17 year old, and the 18 year old all in the same club and they had a blast. There were also two other 18 year olds that were still in high school who joined the club. The best thing you can do is visit the club during it's first orientation meeting and talk with the counselors.

Even if they do say "no", most of the time the teens were outside the club, hanging out in various locations and were able to meet/mingle with both older and younger kids that weren't in the club.

Archived