Any chance salon on ship would open early?

I'm going on Oasis and it says the spa and salon do not open until 8am. I have to be done with my hair by 9am so I can get into my dress to be down by the gangway by 9:30 to get off the ship for the wedding. Is there any chance that the salon would open early or take an earlier appointment if it's for a wedding?

As a bride you have priority in the salon. She told me that in the past they have opened the salon early to accommodate Brides. She also told me that they recently had a bride who had undergone chemotherapy and they closed the entire salon so that she could have privacy while having her hair (I believe they styled a wig for her) and make-up done.

Call your Carnival Coordinator for full clarification but I think they will be able to accommodate you. Good luck.:)

I'm going on RCCL....but doing the wedding off the ship in St Thomas. So....I'm hoping they would be able to accomodate me. I'm doing a trial run to see how long it takes....if it's under an hour I'm okay. If not.....panic might start to sink in :(

• 3 months later...

Hi, I was doing a search to try and find out exactly the same thing and came across your post.

Just wondering if you got an answer to your question. I'm also getting married on St Thomas in October. Another bride did post to say they opened early for her, but i can't remember if she booked the wedding through RCI or not.

When are you getting married?

My sister talked the salon into opening early to do her hair -- and she wasn't even the bride. A friend did my hair, but couldn't do all of the bridesmaids. So my sister and one of the other guests managed to use the salon even though they had to open early to get them done. We were getting married on the ship, but we didn't make the salon arrangements though the onboard wedding coordinator, so I don't how the salon manager would have known.

Archived