Carry on questions

singley5

I was just wondering if I should pack my childrens bathing suites into the carry on luggage.. My DH and I have sailed b4 and never worried about going swimming the first day. But I know my children will want to get in the pool as soon as we are on the ship. Are the pools open? and what else would you pack for the first day aboard a ship? The ages of my children are 15, 12, 10 thank you in advance for any help you can give..:D

If you want to swim on boarding day, pack the suits...or better yet, let them wear them under shorts or something!

You should carry-on ANYTHING of value....jewelry, cameras, etc.....and anything you'll absolutely NEED before dinner...just in case! Always carry any meds with you, too!

Really there was so much going on that first day and with sail away our 12 yr old DS had no desire to go to the pool. Our DD (7) did end up in the pool during sailaway but there were not too many other kids in the pool (and if I remember correctly, not any teens-even in the hot tubs-til later in the evening) We were on Majesty last year at this time (pre-Easter week)

I would just like to Thank you for the great information.. I am very worried about what to take, how to pack. And if I will forget anything.:eek: My DH and I have cruised in the past. This is the first time the children will be along..

May I suggest you get them each a camera? A disposable one will work fine, but they will be so excited getting on that ship and I know our DD loved that we had a camera in the carry-on just for her. It's a great way to look back and see the cruise through your children's perspective.

Archived