No more inside cabins left?

cruiserkelly

I booked Early Saver and cruise next week and check the rates several times a day. I've been lucky so far and have received some OBC due to price drops, but now when I check there are no more inside cabins available. So, does this mean I shouldn't check the prices anymore since there are no more cabins to compare to the early saver price drop? Has anyone ever seen an ocean view cheaper than what they paid for an inside?

With less than a week to go, its not surprising that your category is sold out. Normally Carnival sails at 100%+ capacity.

If there are cabins at a higher category still available, you can definitely upgrade if they happen to be selling for what you paid for your inside, so it still pays to check even if you can't get any more OBC

I booked Early Saver and cruise next week and check the rates several times a day. I've been lucky so far and have received some OBC due to price drops, but now when I check there are no more inside cabins available. So, does this mean I shouldn't check the prices anymore since there are no more cabins to compare to the early saver price drop? Has anyone ever seen an ocean view cheaper than what they paid for an inside?

Sometimes cabins will open up after they are sold out. Someone in your category may choose to upgrade, opening a cabin in your category. Also, you may choose to upgrade, depending on the prices of the cabins in a higher category than what you booked. I booked a short cruise on the Fascination in February. I got a great rate for a room with a porthole, using a resident rate. About a week before the cruise, they lowered the rate for ocean view rooms, to be only $10 more each for the 5 day cruise. I asked for and got the upgrade. So it never hurts to keep looking. It just depends on how well your cruise is selling.

Keep checking. This happened to me a week ago. The insides were sold out one day and the next day there was one open. The price was down by $20, so I jumped on the ES submission. I guess someone either received an upsell or took an upgrade. I'm going to keep checking until I leave:)

Archived