Western Carribbean

katcas

Hi,

We are going to Western Carribbean in November. We will be going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize and Roatan. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was any shopping or bars around any of these ports. My dad is older and does not like the excursions but was hoping there was a bar right off the ship where he could get off and meet us for a drink, just for a change of scenery for him. When we went to St Maarten 3 years ago, there was shopping right by the dock and also a bar where we had a couple of drinks.

Thanks so much!

Hi,

We are going to Western Carribbean in November. We will be going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize and Roatan. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was any shopping or bars around any of these ports. My dad is older and does not like the excursions but was hoping there was a bar right off the ship where he could get off and meet us for a drink, just for a change of scenery for him. When we went to St Maarten 3 years ago, there was shopping right by the dock and also a bar where we had a couple of drinks.

Thanks so much!

Cozumel has a Senor frogs at their dock however some ships have to tender in Cozumel if it is crowded in port that day so that might not be for him.

Belize I believe has a bar at their port shopping area. If not there is a pretty decent one right across the street from the port shopping area.

I have yet to make it in to Grand Cayman but that is also a tender port.

Roatan did not have one last time I checked. If he wants to hang out at a "bar" but doesn't like excursions there is a place called Foster's that he can get a cab to that has a bar/restaurant. Check on ports of call board.

No matter which pier you get in Cozumel, there will be a bar either right at the pier or a short walk away.

Grand Cayman is a tender pier, but there are quite a few bars right across the street from the tender pier. (you can't miss Margaritaville)

Haven't been to Belize and Roatan yet. (at least not until September)

Bill

Belize is the longest tender of any tender ports, so be aware you may have to wait for a tender, to go into the smallish port area. You cant walk off the ship.

I have been there 3 times and I don't know how I totally spaced off that Belize is a tender port???????

In Roatan you will be docking at Mahogany Bay, a port built by Carnival. There's a large Fat Tuesdays outdoor bar at the top of the hill that leads from the pier up into the shopping village. There's also Fat Tuesday bar venues at the beach area there.

Belize has about 3 good bars in the shopping village where the tenders take you. Our favorite is Wet Lizard. Not sure how your dad does with stairs. Wet Lizard is on the second story and is an open bar/restaurant that has great views of the port area.

As said by others, Cozumel has many, many bars to chose from. We're partial to Pancho's Backyard since we enjoy the live marimba music there.

Never found a favorite bar in Grand Cayman. To us the entire island is over priced but then that is just our opinion.

Enjoy your cruise.

Dianne

In Roatan you will be docking at Mahogany Bay, a port built by Carnival. There's a large Fat Tuesdays outdoor bar at the top of the hill that leads from the pier up into the shopping village. There's also Fat Tuesday bar venues at the beach area there.

Belize has about 3 good bars in the shopping village where the tenders take you. Our favorite is Wet Lizard. Not sure how your dad does with stairs. Wet Lizard is on the second story and is an open bar/restaurant that has great views of the port area.

As said by others, Cozumel has many, many bars to chose from. We're partial to Pancho's Backyard since we enjoy the live marimba music there.

Never found a favorite bar in Grand Cayman. To us the entire island is over priced but then that is just our opinion.

Enjoy your cruise.

Dianne

THere is a Fat Tuesdays in Mahogany Bay? Wow I have always been there via NCL and always docked on the other side of the island. We didn't have a Fat Tuesdays -- Bummer

THere is a Fat Tuesdays in Mahogany Bay? Wow I have always been there via NCL and always docked on the other side of the island. We didn't have a Fat Tuesdays -- Bummer

Fat Tuesdays owns the bar concessions at Mahogany Bay, at least for the present time.

Dianne

PS: NCL Spirit docked at MB this past winter. Bummer for us since we had been to MB before on Carnival and was looking forward to docking in Coaxen Hole via NCL.

Archived