Why all the negativity lately???

TheTravelista

I'm going to get the negativity out of my system right now. This thread was started a year and a half ago! :eek: Helloooo! Ever heard of starting a new thead? Sorry, sorry, just had to get that out. Okay, now that that's over . . . I'm going to add to it. :D

You are going to find negative people and negative posts on most of the forums here at CC. Some people roll with the punches, others cannot. The cruise lines can't please everyone, but I do believe that they try to please the majority. If they have a major, ongoing problem, then let them know how it has personally impacted you. Small problems should be dealt with onboard immediately if at all possible.

It's raining here today, but neither that nor the negativity I find on this and other boards is going to get me down because . . . I'll be cruising in 8 days! :D

I have my 1st Carnival cruise booked for January, and even though I'm really pumped for it, it does get a little monotonous. It's amazing how a lot of people just can't be satisfied. One little tiny thing, and the cruise is the worst ever and they'll never go back.

Well, I will say the negativity has spawned from the fact that several ships lately have had problems... my issue is that most of the "negativity" has come from brand new posters... They come on, puke all over everything, and never come back. They rarely focus on ANYTHING positive (sorry folks, if you can't find a positive, you need to find another form of vacation), they generally don't answer any questions and many times are just rude and nasty. The posters that come on here and provide the positive and the negative, are helpful to others when asked questions, and keep their comments realistic (not the ones that say all the food was garbage and they couldnt find anything to eat all week :rolleyes: ), those are the posts I appreciate as a cruiser... I think people get upset and run around spewing hatred wherever they can, hoping they can rally everyone else and be a hero... not sure what purpose it serves other than to feed their ego and "victim" mentality... Most of them contribute ZILCH to this forum.

EXACTLY!

Some thrive on starting controversy, continuing it ..and feeding into it..I am tired of it too. (even bragging about the fact that they can and will continue to do so..) They are taking up space for those of us who have informative contributions to the cruising community.

EXACTLY!

Some thrive on starting controversy, continuing it ..and feeding into it..I am tired of it too. (even bragging about the fact that they can and will continue to do so..) They are taking up space for those of us who have informative contributions to the cruising community.

They can and will do so only to a point. Even the mods will only tolerate so much. I've seen people banned for a short time or permanently. Every day we walk a fine line when dealing with negativity. Some days, being human, you just can't let it continue without responding. At least it keeps things interesting until someone goes over the line. Then they are just a memory.

The majority of cruise lines are targeted to mass markets and as such, have to compromise on just about everything. Some just compromise in different ways, and have different biases. Some people handle diversity better than others.

That this thread is well over a year old suggests that this is not a new issue.

No cruise is absolutely perfect. What is sad is that any mention of imperfection is often bashed into the ground.

This is the place to come and ask questions and make comments, regardless if they are considered positive or negative. I know personally after having gotten beaten and bloodied, I rarely post and heaven forbid if I were to ask a question that is fairly random. One learns to follow lock step and not step out of line. This site doesn't have to be a cheerleading squad for Carnival.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
This is the place to come and ask questions and make comments, regardless if they are considered positive or negative. I know personally after having gotten beaten and bloodied, I rarely post and heaven forbid if I were to ask a question that is fairly random. One learns to follow lock step and not step out of line. This site doesn't have to be a cheerleading squad for Carnival.

I agree with you 100%. A lot of people come on this board because they have a cruise coming up. They are excited so they look for a place that will be 24/7 about cruising. They sign up for Cruise Critic. It seems nice. Good comments. Some good. Some Bad. Some Funny. So not so funny. They take a dive into the pool and post. That went o.k. They post again. Not bad. They get brave and start a thread. 1st thread is usually allowed. They start to post often because in their real life all they can think about is their cruise. Friends, family and co-workers don't want to hear all about your cruise so they turn to the boards. Before long, some old-timers notice that there is a newbie that has been appearing just a little too often for their comfort and then they ATTACK. Not only do they attack singularly but they gang up on the newbie. When you flame someone and give an hello to the previous flamer that is cyber-bullying. After a while, the newbie gets tired of all the controversy, bickering, the judgmental mentality that exists on boards like this and just quits read/posting. Also, for most people, once their cruise is over, and until the next one, their real life starts to re-absorb the time that was being spent on this board.

As for the negatively, some people are legitimately disappointed in aspects of their cruise. They are allowed that here. This is why they turn to this board. It helps to learn that it is not that their expectations were too high but that there is a consistent problem with _________ (fill in the blanks). If a person needs constant stream of "oh how wonderful" and "it was perfect" in order to maintain their own sense of happiness, may I suggest some form of medication. I have a girlfriend who speaks highly of Welbutrin.:p Allow room for the negativity. No one here is walking in anyone else's shoes so don't be the judge, jury and executioner.

For me, I am losing interest in the boards b/c of the viciousness of it and simply, it gets old fast. The negativity does not penetrate. The thrill has passed. My next cruise is not until late May and I now have other things to do other than the CC Board. I am not knocking it but there is more to my life than a cruise.

If the negativity bothers anyone, just read the threads that start with "Just Back from ________ ship, and I loved it". Skip all the rest.

Oh, Oh, I smell smoke. Must be the flamers on their way. Where is my fire extinguisher. :p

Why was this post resurected 19 months later? I hate when people do that. But I also hate it too, when I spot a bit of rust on a ship. Makes me feel like the ship is filthy. And it really makes me mad when someone moves my stuff off the chair I woke up early to save, so that I would have a chair for me right next to the pool in the late afternoon, when the deck is not too hot. And there is nothing worse than the Dining staff bringing too much butter for your lobster... how wasteful.

Just don't get me started... :mad:

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Why was this post resurected 19 months later? I hate when people do that. But I also hate it too, when I spot a bit of rust on a ship. Makes me feel like the ship is filthy. And it really makes me made when someone moves my stuff off the chair I woke up early to save, so that I would have a chair for me right next to the pool in the late afternoon, when the deck is not too hot. And there is nothing worse than the Dining staff bring too much butter for your lobster... how wasteful.

Just don't get me started... :mad:

LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Good belly laugh. Thanks!!!:D

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Exactly !!!

Love a thread when we have both Zyde & Pickle :p !!!

Cruizin'Suzin - ???

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! I'm sorry, I was on another thread (causing a ruckus).:D

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Who is Pickle? I believe he/she is my hero!!!:p

And Zyde? I am not familiar with that name. I am a newbie.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! I'm sorry' date=' I was on another thread (causing a ruckus).:D

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Who is Pickle? I believe he/she is my hero!!!:p

And Zyde? I am not familiar with that name. I am a newbie.[/quote']

It's OK. mrdood will be along shortly to tell you to search for them.

To be more specific, Picklebongo and Zydecocruiser

Don't let negative comments dissuade you from cruising on Carnival...or any other line for that matter. All mass marketed cruise lines have experienced problems with ships, itineraries, service, etc. As you can see from my signature, I've sailed Carnival once...and we decided that it wasn't for us. Would I tell sometime not to cruise on Carnival...NO. Would I tell anyone that one cruise line is better than another...NO. If a first-time cruiser were asking me for advice, I believe that I would give them the benefit of my experiences and clearly state that this is my opinion only. Everyone has different experiences and expectations...fortunately, in the world of cruising, we have lots of choices.

What I resent more than the negative posts is those folks who insist on telling us that they paid $6,000 for their vacation and they didn't get [fill in the blank]. I don't care what you paid or what category of cabin you were booked in. Service is service...if it's good, it's good through the entire ship; if it's lacking, everyone will feel it. Personally I think that the best thing to do with negative posts is ignore them - responding to them just makes for an overall negative board.

To the OP: if you haven't already done so, check out the other cruise line boards. Celebrity has had a run of bad luck with some of its ships, and even Cunard has its share of those who will "never cruise with them again." The recently-launched Crown Princess has had its share of problems but has also claimed a very loyal following.

Whatever cruise you choose, prepare to enjoy it. Do your research before and use your own expectations to guide your decision. There are plenty of choices out there.

Happy travels.

Well, I will say the negativity has spawned from the fact that several ships lately have had problems... my issue is that most of the "negativity" has come from brand new posters... They come on, puke all over everything, and never come back. They rarely focus on ANYTHING positive (sorry folks, if you can't find a positive, you need to find another form of vacation), they generally don't answer any questions and many times are just rude and nasty. The posters that come on here and provide the positive and the negative, are helpful to others when asked questions, and keep their comments realistic (not the ones that say all the food was garbage and they couldnt find anything to eat all week :rolleyes: ), those are the posts I appreciate as a cruiser... I think people get upset and run around spewing hatred wherever they can, hoping they can rally everyone else and be a hero... not sure what purpose it serves other than to feed their ego and "victim" mentality... Most of them contribute ZILCH to this forum.

I agree with much of what you say but I think at least some of the high number poster do a pretty good job of being negative. And some of them are just as mean and nasty as anyone out here.

My question is if you don't like Carnival why do you post to the Carnival threads?

Overall I think the folks on the Carnival threands are a whole lot more positive and friendly then some of the folks on the RCCL threads.

And I like both RCCL and Carnival.

Archived