Only 12 days to go :)

Coco85

Only 12 days to go until we embark onto our first ever cruise :)

Hubby and I are really looking forward to it now and spent the weekend stocking up on toiletries and sun lotion.

A few questions though so hope you can help.

Do men have to wear long trousers to dinner every night?

My husband asked me this question but I have no idea.

Also for dinner time we are set to have it at 8.45 each night, we have asked for table for 6. Will we get the same guests on our table each evening and do you have the same waiter?

We fly into Palma, Majorca and wondered if you collect your luggage as normal from the carousel then meet your RCI rep?

Having never cruised before we have no idea what we have to do once we get to the airport.

Thank you

Stacey

Only 12 days to go until we embark onto our first ever cruise :)

Hubby and I are really looking forward to it now and spent the weekend stocking up on toiletries and sun lotion.

A few questions though so hope you can help.

Do men have to wear long trousers to dinner every night?

My husband asked me this question but I have no idea.

Also for dinner time we are set to have it at 8.45 each night, we have asked for table for 6. Will we get the same guests on our table each evening and do you have the same waiter?

We fly into Palma, Majorca and wondered if you collect your luggage as normal from the carousel then meet your RCI rep?

Having never cruised before we have no idea what we have to do once we get to the airport.

Thank you

Stacey

:cool:hope you enjoy your first cruise. It will be an experience. Yes--Long pants are requested in Main Dining Room for dinner. Windjammer is ok for shorts. Shorts are allowed for breakfast and lunch. You should have your table for 6, but possibly 8. You can check at Main dining room when you board to confirm, and possibly change. You will have same waiter and assistant each evening. More than likely, you will collect your luggage, pass thru customs, and look for RCCL rep if taking their bus to ship. Have fun.:cool:

:cool:hope you enjoy your first cruise. It will be an experience. Yes--Long pants are requested in Main Dining Room for dinner. Windjammer is ok for shorts. Shorts are allowed for breakfast and lunch. You should have your table for 6, but possibly 8. You can check at Main dining room when you board to confirm, and possibly change. You will have same waiter and assistant each evening. More than likely, you will collect your luggage, pass thru customs, and look for RCCL rep if taking their bus to ship. Have fun.:cool:

Thank you so much for the information.

I am so looking forward to it, also today at work I just found out I have also won a 7 night 5 star holiday to Portugal so all in all today has been good :D

I will post my review and let you all know what I think to my first cruise.

Really wish we could get a free upgrade though, noticed our cruise is still available and with better cabins too ;)

x

Have a fab time. We set off three weeks today & I can't wait! :D

We've done a Med cruise & a Caribbean cruise & on the Med one people were definately smarter dressed in the main dining room than the Caribbean one. They do request that men wear long trousers for dinner & I don't recall seeing anyone wearing shorts in there on the Med cruise. It's well air conditioned in the MDR, so long trousers are not too uncomfortable; My DH never moans (well, maybe a bit on formal night when he has his black tie on & has to wear proper shoes & socks! ;)) He usually wears a pair of light linen trousers & casual loafers with no socks.

Happy cruising!

Archived