PV taxi help for 5

purplekisses

My family of 5 DH, myself, DD(19), DS(13) and DGS(2) are looking to travel from cruise port from Carnival Splendor to Aquaventras(Sea Life Park) from the water park to the Malecon and back to the ship. We are looking for the most convienent(taxi) and economical(all in one taxi, if possible)way. Do the taxis outside the cruise carry 5 passengers?

My family of 5 DH, myself, DD(19), DS(13) and DGS(2) are looking to travel from cruise port from Carnival Splendor to Aquaventras(Sea Life Park) from the water park to the Malecon and back to the ship. We are looking for the most convienent(taxi) and economical(all in one taxi, if possible)way. Do the taxis outside the cruise carry 5 passengers?

Regular cabs have a max. of 4 persons.

At the cruise-terminal you will find larger cabs (minivans) that carry more passengers, but they a bit more expensive since they charge per person.

The overwhelming majority of the yellow city taxis (outside the port property) carry a maximum of four passengers. There are a few mini-vans in the city but they are few and rarely seen.

The port taxis charge per person and use larger vehicles. If you need to travel as a family unit then they may be your only choice.

Keep in mind that your destination is located in a different Mexican State and is serviced by a different taxi company (union). I have no direct experience with being brought back from the water park but I believe they also have a four passenger limit per vehicle too. Others might be able to give better information about the return trip from the water park to the port.

Good luck & Enjoy!

That's what I was wondering. I think we will take the white taxi to the cruise port and if we have to split up into to cabs to go downtown after. Last time we were there there was white taxi van downtown that took us back to the cruise port.

That's what I was wondering. I think we will take the white taxi to the cruise port and if we have to split up into to cabs to go downtown after. Last time we were there there was white taxi van downtown that took us back to the cruise port.

While on Port or Airport property, you can expect to find larger taxis that can transport your family of five.

Once you have left the Port/Airport, you shouldn't expect to find a taxi that can transport five people. The overwhelming majority of the taxis away from the port have a four passenger limit.

The white Port/Airport taxis aren't licensed to pick up passengers off those two Federal properties; just as the yellow city taxis aren't licensed to pick up passengers on the Federal properties.

I seem to recall that the taxi company that services the Nuevo Vallarta (water park) area uses small four passenger sedan just like the yellow city taxis. Your experience may differt our there.

Enjoy!

Archived