What if you miss the boat?

CannotWait2Go

What happens if you're self-touring in a port, have a flat tire, and the ship is gone when you return? I'll be allowing plenty of time to return to the ship, but thought it'd be good to know... just in case an emergency happens.

Yes, this is my first cruise (but I'm a seasoned traveler on land). I'm a bit antsy :p

You would have to make your way to the next port of call - at your cost - but you would need to contact the cruise ship - so you would need to carry those details with you. Or practice marathon swimming before you go ;)

What happens if you're self-touring in a port, have a flat tire, and the ship is gone when you return? I'll be allowing plenty of time to return to the ship, but thought it'd be good to know... just in case an emergency happens.

Yes, this is my first cruise (but I'm a seasoned traveler on land). I'm a bit antsy :p

Wait for the next ship or hitchhike.:eek:

Seriously, in the daily program "TODAY" it always states the name and telephone number of the shipping agent for the port of call. I always note this down, never had to use but one never knows.

Ron

Seriously, in the daily program "TODAY" it always states the name and telephone number of the shipping agent for the port of call. I always note this down, never had to use but one never knows.

Ron

Ron

good advice. take that paper with you, and at the very least have a copy of your passport with you. depending on where you are, the ship may retain the original.

We have laminated copies of our passports to carry with us - they always stay in the wallets when we are away. We also have a usb stick with all our travel details on in case of emergency. (Think it comes from the days when my mother used to put they door key on a string around my neck as a kid - in case I got locked out) :eek: Be prepared - Scouts motto

Well Liz!!!!

Can't believe how organised you are!!! We always take out the copy of the Today for the details, but never thought of a passport copy or anything else.....

You are so full of good ideas!!!

nadia.

Hi Nadia

The USB stick has everything on - air tickets, cruise tickets etc, hotel, pre booked whatevers, passport details, insurance, emergency contact details, doctor details, medications, the whole box and dice. We just replace whatever we need for whatever trip we are on. That is for extreme emergency's - there is always a computer somewhere - we of course carry the paper versions - e tickets etc. We only decided to laminate the passport copies after the Allegra trip - because they gave you a paper copy to get off in Vietnam and Hong Kong - they got a bit torn and tattered - hence the idea of lamination. But I have to confess - I am very organised.(Columbo style :rolleyes:) Didn't want to admit that - it shows a flaw :D:D:D

Archived